Wearable pets are pet-like npcs that are also wearable items. Unlike normal pets, they don't have names, won't follow you around, and aren't tied to specific players. They will, however, chat when being carried or worn.
You can find wearable pets in the following places:
- Big Bert's Anaconda Shop on Cockbill Street in Ankh-Morpork. Sells anacondas of different colours.
- A specialty pet shop that occasionally shows up in the Djelibeybi Bazaar. Sells beetles, butterflies, locusts, and scorpions.
- Alfred Peacock's Petshop on Tchuttifruitti Street in Genua. Sells parrots, alligators, imps, cabbages, snakes, frogs, mice, and gargoyles.
- By searching in the garden of the Academy of Artificers. Snails and caterpillars can be found here.
- The bottom of the bell tower in Bleak Prospect. Spiders can be found here via the catch command.
- The necklaces sold in Brimstone's, in the Academy of Artificers, contain clockwork wearable pets. The silver necklace has a silver clockwork imp, the golden necklace has a golden clockwork owl, and the platinum necklace has a platinum clockwork frog.
- Rat Shop north of Dolly Sisters in Ankh-Morpork. Sells custom rats of different colors which can be named.
They can be treated like other npcs in most ways, even when worn, and can be serenaded with musical instruments, tempted (although this will fail), and so on. This is not true of the clockwork pets, though, as they are not living things and only specific souls will work with them.
When they are being worn, the Searing Touch ritual may target (and kill) them.
Occasionally, wearing two of them will cause them to fight. This is definitely true of the scarabs from the pyramid quest, the small scorpions and the wearable imps from Genua.