Weapon Masters' Court
These rough and tumble lads and lasses have a rather uncivilised outlook on life, even though they live in the largest known city on the Disc. Although most often employed as mercenaries, Court members tend to have trouble accepting authority, and thus employment.
Despite the deceptive name of "Weapon Masters' Court", their headquarters (complete with brawling pit) is located in a rundown warehouse on Vagabond Street in Ankh-Morpork, which is a rather fitting setting considering some of the members of the Court. This little area on the eastern side of the city, near the Plaza of Broken Moons and south of the mighty (in ways that no human should ever experience) Ankh river, is quiet and not often visited by the general population.
The Weapon Masters' Court is a very combat-focussed guild with mainly fighting-based primary skills.
This will appeal to some players, especially Numberchasers and players who enjoy fighting in more lighter leather armour while wielding swords, daggers, maces and flails for fast, powerful attacks.
Dual wielding swords with a focus on parrying on the defence or dual wielding daggers with a focus on dodging on the defence is recommended for weapon masters as to better align their stats and their fighting bonuses.
Joining the guild is a fairly simple task, achieved by typing 'join' at the The Weapon Masters' Court recruitment centre where Cedge is located.
Cedge will give you a guide for you to read upon joining.
You can advance skills and learn commands in the practice centre where Rickie Simmony resides.
Non-weapon master warriors can advance skills and learn commands here too
Typing 'help here' will show you a list of commands you can use to learn and advance skills. Type 'say teach me please' in this room to see if you can learn new commands.
- The Weapon Masters' Court smithy for fixing weapons, armours and tools
- The Weapon Masters' Court practice centre where you can advance skills and learn commands from Rickie Simmony
- The Weapon Masters' Court armoury where you can buy weapons, armours and items from Fauthai or listen to him rant.
- The Weapon Masters' Court recruitment centre also has a warriors guild bulletin board, type 'help board' to learn more.
- The Weapon Masters' Court's bar where you can buy food or drink items and hire troll mercenaries from Lanky
The Weapon master newbie chest is a beer barrel located in the Weapon Masters' Court armoury.
Any warrior can access this newbie chest, they do not have to be weapon masters.
Hiring Troll Mercenaries
Players can also hire troll mercenaries at the bar here, at a rate of &&&&&&&&&&&+2000 per (Discworld) hour. These mercenaries will follow you around (after you tell them to), protect you, and attack npcs you attack. They are unarmed and have no armour (but are trolls and therefore have troll skin). Their stats and bonuses vary somewhat. Note that:
- To hire a mercenary, type 'hire mercenary' and then type 'say yes' and then type the number of hours you want the troll mercenary to accompany you
- Type 'say follow me' for the mercenary to request to follow you and type 'say wait here' for the mercenary to stay and not follow
- If you log out, or if there's a reboot, they will leave early.
- If you let them get killed, you won't be able to immediately hire another.
- If you attack them, they'll leave immediately and you won't be able to immediately hire another.
- After a certain amount of time, if you have attacked or got your troll mercenary killed, you will be able to rehire another again, this amount of time is unclear but seems to be quite long in either discworld days or player age.
- If they're helping you fight, you'll share any kill/burial xp with them.
- They will follow you into passage rooms.
- You can only hire one mercenary at a time.
Items sold here
Fauthai sells useful items for new to intermediate-level warriors:
- broken bottle
- iron chain
- battered claymore
- two-handed sword
- curved two-handed sword
- two-handed war sword
- two-handed sword scabbard
- butcher's chain
- black iron flail
- war flail
- morning star
- belt loop
- short sword
- long sword
- sword harness
- short sword scabbard
- long sword scabbard
- Klatchian steel dirk
- small knife
- oiled leather thigh sheath
- one-handed steel axe
- double-headed war axe
- two-handed axe
- one-handed battle axe
- Klatchian steel hatchet
- stained battle axe
- ash spear
- bone trident
- wooden staff
- two-handed war hammer
- wooden club
- two-handed black shafted mace
- wooden cosh
- iron war club
- leather breeches
- chainmail skirt
- leather undershirt
- studded leather jacket
- leather greaves
- studded leather jerkin
- hardened leather breastplate
- iron protective
- metal clad boots