From Discworld MUD Wiki
|Learnt At||20 fighting.special.unarmed|
|Guild||Available to all|
Trip is a fighting command which can be used to upset an opponent's balance during combat.
Although trip relies on unarmed skills, it may be performed whether holding a weapon or not. In order to successfully trip an opponent, one must:
- Pass a fighting.special.unarmed test in order to prepare the attack.
- Succeed in a skillcheck of fighting.unarmed.grappling and dexterity against the opponent's appropriate fighting.defence skill (depending on their tactics response setting), strength and dexterity.
- The skillchecks are also slightly adjusted by the relative weight of the attacker vs the defender, where the heavier of the two has an advantage.
- Having more free limbs provides an additional bonus.
The effects depend on the degree of success of the skillcheck:
- A high degree of success results in the victim being sent crashing to the ground, costing them a lot of action points. They remain at a substantial AP disadvantage until they get up again (which occurs automatically). During this period, they cannot be tripped or shoved again.
- A lesser degree of success causes the victim to stumble, costing them a few action points.
- Failure causes the attacker to stumble, costing them a few action points.
Discworld known command help: Trip