The wandering cottage is a deserted witch cottage which wanders the Uberwaldean forests, striding about atop two giant crow legs.
A crow-legged cottage is crouching on the forest floor. Most of this is a pretty ordinary-looking cottage, small, thatched and perhaps in need of some repair. The ordinary stops at the cottage's base, though, where the legs of a giant crow protrude, supporting the cottage on the forest floor. Most peculiar.
Items and curiosities to be found in the cottage
- There are bottles and a Hat prayer book to be found on the bookshelf.
- Touching the spindle causes you to prick yourself, which makes you 'feel slightly more alert'. However, no change in adventuring.perception bonus is seen when this happens.
- A tentacle waves at you if you try to fill anything from the cauldron.
- There are various dried herbs that can be gathered here: (not all herbs seem to be available each time, after a few times the herb gathered runs out)
- Searching the pillow produces a key.
- There is a chest downstairs; the key only sometimes fits and this is not a bug. Perhaps there is some kind of skillcheck.
- Inside: a spangenhelm, a medium jar filled with ground toad skin and a deck of caroc cards.
The cottage roof
The cottage roof can be reached by crawling and then entering the window upstairs.
It is possible to leave the cottage by jumping down from the roof, but this will cause damage without sufficient skill in adventuring.acrobatics.tumbling.
This location can be recorded on broomsticks and used to fly in and off the cottage.
Green Billet apples can be gathered on the roof.