|Names||hub, glaciers, towering spire of the hub|
|Aggressive npcs||ice giants|
|Pursuing npcs||ice giants|
|Environmental hazards||extreme cold|
The Hub is the very centre of Discworld. It is found in the Ramtop mountains.
The short description of the room is "Hub" or "The Hub".
On the map, it is referred to as "Hub".
In the part of the long description of a terrain room that describes which terrains are nearby, it shows up as "glaciers", or "the towering spire of the Hub" (for the centre) when seen from the same terrain, and "glaciers", or "the towering spire of the Hub" when seen from a different terrain.
Note that it gets colder and cloudier as you ascend the slopes.
In the spring, temperatures range from at least ___ to ___ at night, and ___ to ___ during the day. The weather is ___.
In the summer, temperatures range from at least ___ to ___ at night, and damn cold to colder than a brass monkey during the day. The weather is ___.
In the autumn, temperatures range from at least incredibly, unbelievably cold to colder than a brass monkey at night, and dangerously cold to colder than a brass monkey during the day. The weather is usually cloudy, sometimes clear.
The following npcs are found in this terrain:
- Bears: white bears, fluffy hubland bear
- White foxes: dog foxes and vixens
- Snow eagles
- White hares
- Ice giants
- Penguins: adults and chicks
Of those, ice giants are always aggressive and pursue, and often come in small groups.
The Hub is surrounded by mountains.
- Climbing is required in many rooms, and the slopes near the centre are extreme.
- The level of background magic is very high here, to the point where casting spells is dangerous.
- Since the Hub is covered in snow year-round, you can make snowballs and other snow things here regardless of the weather.
- As you get closer in and further up, you get closer to Cori Celesti and the negative ritual modifier for being far from holy ground disappears.
- A compass will point towards the Hub.
- The Hub is one of the places a blue crystal ring can take you.