Yes, it is listed on that page, but it isn't a 'guild' command--rather, it's part of the Trick-making process, and only available when you have a bonded large hag stone in your inventory. That is, it's an item command usable only by witches, not a learnt command.
That it is listed here as a command doesn't bother me particularly (I don't think it should be listed as a command on the MUD page in the first place, though!), but it is my preference to include convince-related information under a Tricks page, rather than its own, and forward 'convince' to 'Tricks' (none of them exist yet anyway). I feel having a command-specific page implies that it is learnt.
-Taepha 23:16, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not fussed really, I presume the information will be contained in an article about hagstones anyway rather than a Convince article? Rehevkor ✉ 23:43, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Agree that this isn't really a 'witch command' per-se. I've now removed the convince command from this page, and created a tricks article which contains all the convince syntax.
- --Chat 22:04, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
"Fan" sites disappearing
Is it time to make an effort to preserve the knowledge? Albeit some of it obsolete by now... Chosig (talk) 19:06, 28 February 2017 (EST)
- Unfortunately, it becomes most obvious that something needs preserving when it is gone. Otherwise the internet archive keeps some of it... It would be useful to keep copies of the websites and I can create local copies but I haven't had the time to make automatic copies using wget or something. If someone has a better copy of a website that's gone they can upload it and I'll put it up.
- I try to check links from time to time in Discworld_MUD_Wiki:Community_portal, but not necessarily in other pages.