GP regen on burial
I just backstabbed someone, checked my GP, buried the corpse and then checked my GP. I'd gone up around 20 GP (although some could be through heartbeat regen). Tried a few more times and it's pretty clear that burial does give back some GP.--Aell 16:59, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- I just tested this using a 'score brief;bury corpse;score brief' alias, and noticed my GP had increased by 14 points after burying a corpse. I have 4 GP regen per heartbeat, so thusfar I assume the return from burying is 10 GP. Cyst 17:15, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- Following up on this, using the same alias while burying two corpses returned a total of 24 GP. Cyst 17:18, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- I think this is related to the XP value the target is worth. From a little research:
- GP regained: 10
- XP value (total): 3480
- XP value (burial): 2950
- GP regained: 19
- XP value (total): 6870
- XP value (burial): 4400
- Looks to be proportional to the total XP value of the victim - can someone else confirm?
- --Chat 18:03, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- I've got a plugin that updates my gp return I could have a look and a test next time I'm out hunting. What would also be good information to add is how long a round is 184.108.40.206 06:01, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
- GP gained from burial is 10. I'm pretty sure this has been known for years. --Kartoffel 14:21, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
The regeneration formula
The formula seems rather confusing: either the "skill weights" are not just bonuses, and then it should be clarified, or there's a mistake somewhere, assuming usual operator precedences. For the default stats (all 13) and the bonus (weight, magic.points) of 274, I'm getting 136 GP per round with it. Unsup (talk) 00:44, 2 September 2018 (EDT)
Skill weights are not computed using bonuses. They are calculated with a formula using the number of times the stat is present on your guild's *.points.
Let's say I'm a witch with 8 con, 12 dex, 16 int, 16 dex, 13 wis. My points skill is magic.points with IISWW, so nb_con=0, nb_dex=0, nb_int=2, nb_str=1, nb_wis=2.
What I use is derived from one of the stats site, not sure about the differences with what's on the page.
- gp weight = 1 + (nb_con)*(ln(con)/9.8 - 0.25) + (nb_dex)*(ln(dex)/9.8 - 0.25) + (nb_int)*(ln(int)/9.8 - 0.25) + (nb_str)*(ln(str)/9.8 - 0.25) + (nb_wis)*(ln(wis)/9.8 - 0.25)
- gp weight = 1 + 0 + 0 + 2*(ln(16)/9.8 - 0.25) + 1*(ln(16)/9.8 - 0.25) + 2*(ln(13)/9.8 - 0.25)
- gp weight = 1 + 0 + 0 + 0.0658344331102 + 0.0329172165551 + 0.0234590525432
- gp weight = 1.122211
- gp regen = floor(sqrt(175 * gp weight) - 10) = floor(14.01 - 10) = 4
Hope this helps.