Oh, awesome! I have a high-strength alt who could certainly carry ten or eleven pieces at once (I assume that there aren't constructs that use more pieces than that, since you can't carry more without fumbling them)... I could help look for constructs if you have spare pieces. --Ilde 22:28, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- I have 18 str, so was able to hold 10 parts without too many problems (after removing my pack and grflx scale, at least); I didn't find any more combinations, but you're welcome to try experimenting :) I left the surplus leather sheets in the witch's guild chest in Granny's cottage - I've used up the steel sheets and clockwork mechanisms, so you'll have to hunt dragons for them. Good luck! --Chat 22:53, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, cool. Nothing that used two clockwork mechanisms, then? Hmmmm. ...How do the oranges work, anyway? Can you squirt them at yourself, or just at npcs? I know perfume is pk-checked, so that might account for not being able to squirt them at other players.
- Think there might be a skillcheck? Like... cr.sm.black or maybe cr.ma.leatherwork for the ones that use leather sheets? Or cr.arts.sculpture? Some of the descriptions look like they might vary... "that has been crafted out of metal by what was probably a blind elephant on crack", "less than skillfully crafted out of metal", "looks like it has been assembled by the Unseen University librarian using a very blunt object out of a few bits of metal".
- --Ilde 23:14, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yay! I obtained some parts before and I had put some in the chest a while back. Someone removed it though. Anyway, using vines + bees can kill the dragon safely enough since you don't have to be in the room when it explodes. Also technically you can have 50 items in your inventory including worn things, probably long enough before fumbling to use the command? --Frazyl 23:19, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- There's a thought... assuming that no construction uses more than 10 parts, then if you had 10 of each in your inventory you should hypothetically be able to find *every* construction. So then weight is the only limitation... any idea on the precise weights of the items? I know you can get up to at least 26 strength (23 natural + Sek altar boost + gauntlets), and according to  you could carry around 380 lbs with that. Could be a close thing, or even impossible.... --Ilde 23:43, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Well burden is an issue, maybe you also need some skills to inspect? You could have a wizard cast Gryntard's Feathery Reliever at the pieces instead. --Frazyl 23:55, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, I forgot about GFR. Hmmm... if inspecting takes skills that could make it tricky. --Ilde 00:37, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
I tried with all the parts I could hold with str gauntlets and got:
five oiled leather sheets, seven sheets of steel and six clockwork mechanisms It would seem to be possible to assemble a clock, a toy windmill, a tiny carriage, a clockwork soldier and a clockwork orange.
Not sure what happened to the drying machine, little metal castle and klatchian fire engine. I guess you need more skills. Also some of the names are not the same as on the page.
Seems like i can try to make a drying machine but it doesn't work:
assemble drying machine from parts Saving... You find yourself more able to concentrate on this task than you thought. You try to piece together some of your parts, but cannot quite get them to fit. Recent skill changes during this session: Fri Jul 30 20:44:31 2010 [EST] - crafts.points increased by 1 level to level 53.
So I guess it only tells you of the things you can actually make, but if your skills are too low you can't see them in inspect. Some skill in craft...
--Frazyl 00:45, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
Paff tmed crafts.smithing.black.tools last time we tried to make assemble work. --Frazyl 01:02, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- I wonder if inspect uses the same thing, then? Or maybe cr.arts.design. Maybe it's possible to mock assemble and inspect to see.... --Ilde 01:03, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- Interesting - FTR, I have a cr.sm.bl.to bonus of 301. --Chat 08:18, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- ...but likely a bit lower when burdened by all the parts - I'll try getting it over 300 when inspecting. --Chat 08:23, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
Pli is these days always looking for people to bless for his achievement so you could get another stat boost from that. --Gunde 08:38, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
With a crafts.smithing.black.tools bonus of 118 I can see the list above and make a soldier but I couldn't make a clock. So either inspect is an easier check or it uses another skill I guess. --Frazyl 22:38, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
I got lots of tms of crafts.arts.design up to a 223 bonus and now I can see all the objects with inspect. Also it takes like 25 gp each time instead of 200 gp. My cr.sm.bl.to only increased by 1 to 119 so that wasn't it. I'm fairly sure it's design but I didn't get a tm. --Frazyl 07:17, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
Of course it could also be that they got changed which turned them into broken receipts that had to be fixed. --Frazyl 07:31, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
With a bonus of 201 in crafts.smithing.black.tools I managed to make a clockwork soldier, a large box, a little metal windmill, a clockwork orange and a clockwork carriage and after some attempts a little metal castle. The Klatchian fire engine was too tough. The clock seems bugged, inspect lists it but assemble doesn't recognize "clock". I made a bug report. --Frazyl 08:04, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
With a crafts.smithing.black.tools bonus of 229 I can make the Klatchian fire engine but it takes many attempts. --Frazyl 05:21, 5 April 2011 (UTC)