| This is a page for updates on the Discworld MUD's status and discussion, comments are not official. Please note sometimes you might not be able to connect due to outside connection issues, this may or may not be a good place for advice. Please post at the BOTTOM of the page, and sign your comments with four tildes, "~~~~". Old content is archived here.
Server name: discworld.starturtle.net - port 4242
IRC channels #DiscworldMud on server irc.quakenet.org port 6667 and #Wharrgarbl on server taffyd.sydmud.com port 6667, and MSN / windows live chat group (name?) may be active for speculation and socialising while the mud is unavailable
EFNet Internet Relay Chat channel #DiscworldMUD
- connect with IRC client
- connect with web browser This may be the easiest way to join the group chat. Click on the link to the left. Type in your discworld name for Nickname instead of n00b###, and if it is not already listed as the channel, enter #DiscworldMUD. Click login and we can all commiserate together.
- connect via Mibbit
- Down - Mud has been down since around 9:30 PM GMT-4, about an hour and a half ago. --Frazyl (talk) 23:00, 7 May 2017 (EDT)
- Up - Mud appears to be back up! --Frazyl (talk) 10:28, 8 May 2017 (EDT)
- Down - Mud has been taken down intentionally as of time of this post due to crashes/runtimes/errors, no ETA yet on update but keep checking here for updates. Quow (talk) 15:39, 19 August 2018 (EDT)
- Up - Mud appears to be back up and safely stable again now! Quow (talk) 16:30, 19 August 2018 (EDT)
- Down - Mud seems to be down for the past hour+ or so. inaccessible via ipv4 and ipv6 (23:19 Saturday January 25 (GMT+5))
- Up - Mud appears to be again accessible as of almost an hour ago. (05:03 Sunday January 26 (GMT+5))
There are several so called IPv6 brokers that can allow one to access the IPv6 network without having an IPv6 enabled internet connection. Some are free. Some require registration.
See the IPv6 page for information.