Holy Blade of Soyin
|Holy Blade of Soyin|
|Precise dimensions||4 x 5/12|
|Thaums/sec||9 stable / 11 talisman / 18 max|
|Commands||Pierce, Slash, Slice, Impale, Behead, Wildswing|
|Speed||4 Slightly slow|
|Maximum damage||10 High|
|Average damage||4 Low|
This is a blade of fine balance and unbelievable sharpness. It has an ivory hilt which shines with a brilliant whiteness and some strange writing on the blade itself. It appears to have something written on it.
You read the Holy Blade of Soyin: As you gaze at the letters on the blade, you begin to sense some meaning in them. You feel that if you are in combat, you could burn or freeze an opponent with the blade. You could also heal someone with it. All these tasks will drain the power of the blade, so you will need to renew it from time to time, the amount of power the blade can hold at one time being determined by its condition.
The Holy Blade of Soyin is about four feet long and about six inches wide. It is made of steel and could be used as a weapon of type heavy-sword.
Can be purchased from the Travelling Shop for $249.72.
This weapon's special commands require the user to learn faith skills, specifically faith.items.rod, however, it can be used normally as a weapon without any advancement in the faith tree whatsoever.
This weapon has unique commands which don't directly use your gp, but do use up the blade's power (up to 225 gp you can store in the blade).
Burn <target> with <blade of soyin>(25 gp) does a small amount of instant damage a target you are already fighting.
freeze <target> with <blade of soyin>(40 gp) does a small amount of instant damage a target you are already fighting.
Heal <target> with <blade of soyin>(50 gp) restores a small amount of hp immediately to a damaged target.
Renew <blade of soyin>To charge the blade when it is not already full in order to use the other commands.
- It takes 225 Faith gp to get it from "The faintest aura surrounds the blade" to "An intense golden aura surrounds the blade" when it's in excellent condition.
- Renewing the blade provides 15x command XP and can tm faith.points (unlike the other special commands, which appear to provide neither xp nor tms).
It is unknown if the effects are skill-based, but at ~20 bonus in faith.rituals skills and 175 bonus in faith.items.rod, "burn" and "freeze" do very roughly 100 and 150 damage respectively, and "heal" heals 190 +/- 75 damage on each attempt (possibly normally distributed).
- Sometimes the commands can fail, especially when they are executed multiple times in a round or in successive rounds.
- It is unknown if these failures are skill based, but they do not use gp in the blade.
- These commands execute instantly upon being used, rather than entering the battle queue.
The blade is surrounded by an aura that indicates roughly how much power is left:
- The faintest aura surrounds the blade. (0-45 gp)
- A faint golden aura flickers about the blade. (45-85 gp)
- The blade is bathed in a pale golden aura. (95-125 gp)
- The blade is surrounded by a golden aura. (135-175 gp)
- A strong golden aura envelopes the blade. (185-200 gp)
- An intense golden aura surrounds the blade. (225 gp)
When held by a character with less than 15 levels in faith.items.rod: The blade feels extremely uncomfortable in your hands. You feel that your belief must be very strong to make the blade a true weapon.
When held by a character with 15 to 29 levels in faith.items.rod: The blade seems to have an odd balance, although it seems to improve as you believe in it more.
When held by a character with 30 to 44 levels in faith.items.rod: The blade has a fine balance but seems to become unwieldy if your thoughts stray from purity.
When held by a character with 45 or more levels in faith.items.rod: The blade feels as if it is an extension of your own arms. It seems like a mighty weapon indeed.