Shiny black berry
From Discworld MUD Wiki
(Redirected from Shiny black berries)
A shiny black berry is a collective food object you can gather in the forests of the Haribos mountain range outside Calh-Nhad during summer and at least partially into autumn prime.
It looks like this:
This shiny black berry has a slightly dull star pattern at one end, where the calyx has been removed. It is squishy and the inky juice on the inside looks sweet and good to eat.
It is poisonous to consume.
One berry has a weight of 1.85 gems.
Eating a berry has the following effects which last in total for around 3.5 minutes:
- Adds a description line: Her pupils seem strangely large.
- This results in more light sensitivity, ie daylight is too bright to see anything (similar to Dark Sight). Dwarfish goggles help to see through brightness, but it's still often too bright to see.
- Nausea and a temporary loss of hit points.
- Seemingly being hot and sweating.
- Temporary decrease of constitution, dexterity and intelligence that gets distributed randomly between these stats, but in the end amounts up to a value of between -6 and -9.
- Drinking antidote tea when in the stat loss stage immediately cancels the effects.
- Eating a berry before the effects of the previous have worn off extends the period of above effects, and can take the stats down further.
Eating several berries at once makes the effects are stronger and last longer, and more effects are noticeable when you eat good amount.
- Stat decrease down to -11 seen (-4 con, -3 dex, -4 int).
- If you ate a lot of berries (around 50+) and wait until the negative effects end on their own, then you get increased stats for a long time, possibly twice as long as sick time.
- This is not interrupted if you drink antidote tea, but you don't get stat increase if you drank antidote tea to end the sickness.
- This does not seem to happen (or it happens too fast) when eating just one berry.