|Learnt At||51 in magic.items.scroll|
|Items Needed||Writing implement, paper|
Scribe is learnt from the Lecturer in Recent Runes at 51 levels of magic.items.scroll. An attempt to scribe requires some form of writing implement, such as a quill, and a sheet of writing paper, as well as the same amount of guild points required to cast the spell.
> scribe Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float on paper with quill You scribe Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float on the sheet of cheap writing paper with the quill.
- The smaller the paper the higher the bonus required to scribe a given spell.
- The higher the mindspace of the spell the higher the bonus required to scribe on a given piece of paper.
- Paper can be appraised to determine it's size or measured with a measuring tape.
- Generally paper measuring 8 x 12 inches is used.
- Wrapping/packaging/tissue papers (used to wrap gifts) are much longer and can be used when scribing fails on standard paper, for example for spells that take a lot of space like jhsd.
- With much higher bonuses you might be able to scribe on a (small/large) piece of cigarette paper.
- For paper an inch long and about an inch wide a ma.it.sc bonus of 370 would be needed to succeed 1 in 20 tries, and a 450 bonus would be needed to succeed 19 in 20 scribe attempts.
- Each attempt to scribe requires the same amount of gp to cast the spell. If the wizard has insufficient gp then the scribing will fail.
Paper too small or occasional failure (you can give it a few attempts):
> scribe Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float on paper with quill For some reason, your mind balks from scribing Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float.
Lack of gp:
> scribe Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float on paper with quill You do not have the energy to scribe Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float.