|Precise dimensions||5 x 5/12|
|Thaums/sec||10 stable / 13 talisman / 20 max|
|Commands||Pierce, Slice, Impale, Behead, Wildswing|
|Speed||4 Slightly slow|
|Maximum damage||9 Pretty high|
|Average damage||5 Pretty low|
This is Sarilak. He, for it is a "he", is about five feet tall with a cross-hatch patterned, black blade. The handle is solid platinum to offset the considerable weight of the blade which constantly drips an acid-like substance.
Sarilak is about five feet long and about six inches wide. It is made of steel and could be used as a weapon of type heavy-sword.
The Travelling Shop, for $675.
You need 100 levels in fighting.melee.heavy-sword to wield Sarilak.
Sometimes, when you successfully hit someone with Sarilak, he will add an acid attack to your own attack. This can result in Sarilak killing them, instead of you killing them, but this doesn't seem to have any effect on xp gain.
Sarilak is an evil weapon: using him will make you more evil.
- Killing nothing but neutral npcs (rats, cockroaches, pigeons, AM crows, dogs, beggars, servants, men, women, and children in Ankh-Morpork) took a test character from neutral to 8 evil after about an hour--after that alignment appeared to fluctuate from around 7-9 evil. This seemed to be the ceiling for killing neutral things.
- Killing nothing but rabbits (10 good) and thrushes/redwings/blackbirds (9 good), then nothing but rabbits for a few hours after that got the same character to 48 evil and counting.
- If you try to use him when you're good or neutral, he will jump out of your hands, landing on the ground (and burning you if you're too good, as with touching the blade).
Sarilak talks--he says various things during combat, when you equip him (exactly what seems to have some relationship to your fighting ability), or when you touch his blade.
- Touching Sarilak's blade ("touch [blade] [of] sarilak") will get you different messages depending on your alignment.
- If you touch the blade while evil enough (a few degrees is enough), you'll get the "Blackheart" post-title until you log out.
- If you do this while too good, the acid will burn you, doing some damage (which can be up to at least 187 hp).
Sarilak is a magical talisman: he can be bonded to you. (This also means he can't be deluded any more)
- ↑ Around one degree good and up is "too good".