I've done a little bit of research, seems that the bob measurememnts follow some kind of exponential curve related to the number of thaums.
When the reading is done: "The divining bob twitches and comes to a rest at the end of its cord, spent." When dangling, the bob will sway, then swing (then...?)
1 thaum = 1 sway
2 thaums = 2 sways
6 thaums = 3 sways
~18 thaums = 3 sways + 1 swing
~45 thaums = 3 sways + 2 swings
~80 thaums = 3 sways + 3 swings
You can feel the dungeon dimensions pushing in -> The divining bob bobs anxiously on the end of its cord.
The approximate values are worked out from magical use rather than measured, and are increasingly innacurate.
--Philtre 17:25, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
With 0 thaums you get:
- The divining bob dangles at the end of its cord in a most unspectacular fashion.
With enough thaums you get, in order, the following actions:
- sway = The divining bob sways gently in a circle at the end of its cord.
- swing = The divining bob swings around in a circle at the end of its cord.
- vigor = The divining bob swings vigorously in a circle at the end of its cord.
- hum = The divining bob hums fearfully as it zips around in a circle at the end of its cord.
- end = The divining bob twitches and comes to a rest at the end of its cord, spent.
With >1000 thaums you get only:
- The divining bob bobs anxiously on the end of its cord.
Now we can read the thaumometer, started to gather data in the BP wizard guild and library, then some casting. --Frazyl 04:55, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
|2 - 5||2|
|6 - 16||3|
|17 - 37||3||1|
|38 - 74||3||2|
|75 - 136||3||3|
|137 - 240||3||3||1|
|241 - 421||3||3||2|
|422 - 769||3||3||3|
|770 - 1000||3||3||3||1|