From Discworld MUD Wiki
(Redirected from Pure white bird)
Adjectives (i.e., "green" or "fluffy") not included
- Pure white bird
--Cities and Towns--
- Sto Plains - Morpork Mountains, Carrack Mountains
Descriptions are example(s) from a single individual. Variations may be numerous, and dependent upon species, gender, age, location, and other variables.
Pure white bird
The caladrius - sometimes called the charadrius - is a bird with feathers white as snow, a distant relation of the phoenix. Its beak and feet and eyes are of a soft gold, and it shines almost too brightly to look at.
- Alignment: 10 degrees of good
- No special uses
- It is supposedly not possible to kill the caladrius; and, thus, one cannot obtain a skin from it.
- The caladrius will heal you if you find it while injured. Unknown if there is an alignment requirement.
- Attacking the caladrius will shift your alignment to be more evil. Also, future birds will not heal you for some period of time:
- The pure white bird hisses at you.
- The pure white bird turns its face away.
- With strong beats of its snowy wings, the pure white bird climbs into the sky and disappears into the distance.
- The caladrius is not a real animal, but originates from Roman mythology. 
- ↑ General disc locations for the bestiary defined
Return to the bestiary