The Pepper Pot is a maze located in southeastern Ankh-Morpork.
It is an easy way for young, new players to earn money as the sacks and the rats respawn rather quickly.
Usually the higher up you go in floors, you will find more dangerous rats and sacks that give more rewards.
You can collect sacks dropped all over the maze and tails of rats (you have to kill them first) to sell to Harold Rye in the Pepper Pot office.
To get the tails, you can
hold knife and then type
take tail from bodies (make sure you have a knife that can take body parts)
You can type
sell sack or
give tails to harold to sell your findings at the pepper pot office. You can also use list and buy sacks as the offics is also a shop.
Below are the prices for the sacks if sold to Harold
Type Pryce Reward Rye A$15 A$0.70 Corn A$8 A$0.30 Barley A$12 A$0.50 Wheat A$6 A$0.10
Each rat tail is worth 1 ten-pence.
Sometimes the rats carry party hats which can be sold at a general store for more money
Player Age Restrictions
The security guard exclaims to you: Wait a minute, you look far too old to be hunting rats! Don't go nicking any of that grain while you're in there or I'll call the Watch! The security guard exclaims to you: And don't go thinking I'll come rushing in to help you if you get lost neither!
- Harold Rye's office is located here
- Usually on the ground floor you will only find wheat sacks and regular rats
- Usually on the first floor you will only find corn sacks and regular rats
- You may start seeing groups of rats
- Usually on the second floor, you will find rye sacks and both groups of regular rats and evil-looking rats
- Evil-looking rats attack on sight and will pursue you into other rooms
- For players just starting out without any combat skills it is not recommended to wander the third floor as the groups can overwhelm you
- Usually on the third floor, you will find barley sacks and groups of evil-looking rats
- Sometimes you can find pigeons on this floor too
If you are lost
If you are stuck and can not find a direction to exit, type
If you are truly stuck and want to exit the maze quick, just type
call the guard, he will take all your sacks you have found but not rat tails