Uberwaldean speakers can take lessons for &&&&&&&&&&&+2000 each at Vanya's shack in Tobacco Road, Ankh-Morpork. There are about four lessons each for Written and Speaking, and from scratch you can get roughly Written 26/Spoken 27.
Brindisian speakers can learn it at Mamma Filomena's bakery in Little Brindisi in southern Genua, free of charge.
Good places to TM it include:
- The Plaza of Broken Moons, which is quite busy and where you can hear things said anywhere in the Plaza
- The junction of Cheapside with Filigree Street, where there's a domestic argument going on in room chats (you can TM from room chats if they're in a particular language)
- Unseen University, wherever the communications imp is (he wanders around)-- though since it seems to be harder to TM twice in a row from the same NPC, you may want to move after TMing.
- During the nights of a full moon: The moonlit market is made up of 4 or 5 traders in close proximity who
listtheir wares aloud.
- The docks, which are like the Plaza of Broken Moons (best put your money away though or shifty characters will steal it.)
In addition to scattered signs and menus:
- Graffiti is frequently found through the city, so it's possible to TM just by walking round with verbose look on.
- This also means that if you're not proficient in written Morporkian you can unexpectedly use up GP in this way.
- Liquor Alley contains a high concentration of pubs close together, making it an efficient place to read menus. These pubs also tend to have a readable novelty machine.