The Mended Drum
From Discworld MUD Wiki
(Redirected from Mended Drum)
The Mended Drum, Ankh-Morpork's heartbeat, is conveniently unmissable at the northern end of Short Street. It is most famous for being the spawning location for all new players who choose Ankh-Morpork as their starting city.
- Well-known meeting place
- Easy access to many services, smithy, general store, light shop, player shops
- If you start a fight at the drum, a large troll will move you to the room near the entrance of the drum.
- This is a bar brawl zone and random drunkards as well as Hrun, Stren Withel and the Splatter and even other players might get involved in your fight intentionally or by accident.
- Lower-level players will be thrown out of the bar brawl.
- Also, random items from corpses and on the floor can be thrown at you or you could trip over npcs and other players, which can damage your health. Attackers beware!
- You can wash yourself in the bathroom to remove fleas.
- There might be an Animal Trainer with his animals doing a show at night on the small stage. If you attack him, he will immediately flee with his animals.
- Drinking games
- Green Slab and AM Daily newspaper boxes
- Bulletin board (frog)
- Playing darts (with chance to TM fighting.range.thrown)
practice dartsin the main bar; or
play dartsif you want to challenge another player to a game
throw dart(you get three)
- Showing off (with chance to TM adventuring.movement.climbing.rock)
climb upat the main entrance to the Drum
climb west, or
climb downif you make it to the first floor
- More showing off (with chance to TM adventuring.acrobatics.balancing)
westonce you have climbed to the roof