From Discworld MUD Wiki
Council elections take place every 5 months and last 10 days (roundworld time).
- The time between election calls (excluding both election days) is 163 days, which is 5 months 10 days.
- Candidates need to be citizens of the council, get nominated by another citizen and nominate themselves (to accept).
- Every citizen can nominate a maximum of seven (7) candidates, so if they wish to run in the election they must keep one nomination for themselves.
Cases & Rules
Magistrates have some special powers to rule on cases within their territory.
- They can make any decision they wish on a case and the case will be archived for later access.
- Magistrates can also make new laws for the territory.
- They can amend current laws and vote on rule changes.
- Only magistrates can start the process of adding or amending a law.
- Citizens have the chance to ratify all laws before they become a real law.
- Cases can be used to grant titles.
- The jurisdiction of magistrates is only in their own territory.
- They cannot change rules in other areas or rule on cases brought before magistrates in other territories.
- Magistrates can approve or deny applications to become a citizen based on the established laws.
Taxes & Treasury
- Magistrates can set the rental tax that applies to player housing and sales tax that applies to player shops.
- They can withdraw money from the treasury within set limits.
- They have access to the Ankh morpork magistrate discussion board.
- They can send announcements that appear on their council board.
- They have access to the ankh-morporkcouncilmagistrate talker channel.
- They can receive inform events like citizenship applications and cases being opened or closed related to their council.
- Player council
- Honour rolls
- Ankh-Morpork Player Council
- Djelibeybi Player Council
- Agatean Empire Player Council
- Ephebe Player Council