Klatch is the area of Discworld west of the Sto Plains. It tends to be quite warm.
The Sto Plains are to the east, accessible by following the road along the Circle Sea to the south and east.
Towns, villages and areas of interest
Notable Klatchian locales include:
- Pyramids with tombs, close to Djelibeybi, north of the Djel river.
- The Hashishim caves along the cliffs west of Djelibeybi.
- Il Drim, a small town southeast of Ephebe.
- The Chronides farmstead, close to Ephebe, south of it.
- The Imtebos farmstead, close to Djelibeybi, west of it.
- The Lower Djel Trading Post, west of Djelibeybi on the north side of the Djel river.
- The Klatchian Foreign Legion, outpost north of the Lower Djel Trading Post.
- The PK combat arena, northwest of the Lower Djel Trading Post.
- The ruins of Tacticum, from Al Khali following the west road, then the northeast road, then the east road, then the northeast road.
- The Oasis in the Ephebian desert, west of the Ephebe carriage stop.
- A huge rock west of the Oasis, inside which there are lions and the dead body of a puzuma.
- The city of Calh-Nhad, inside the mountain range southwest of the huge rock (west of the Oasis).
- A sandstone column or huge rock, north of the city of El Harib.
- A huge sandstone rock, northwest of the city of Ur. A chimera is often on top of this rock. Inside are the bugs cave, though the bugs have been removed from the game.
- A huge mound of sand, where nests a basilisk, northwest of the bugs cave.
- A monolith with a shrivelled tramp on top, northeast of Al Khali.
Other various cities and towns are inaccessible, existing only as marks on the map.
Klatch is a mix of grassy plains and deserts. Near Djelibeybi is the Tsortean desert, beyond which is Eritian desert, and further still is more desert. To the south is the Ephebian desert. The desert features large sand dunes and rock formations with scattered mountainous terrain that include at least four distinct ranges.
Savanna blends into tree savanna close to jungles and lightly wooded areas, usually found far north of Djelibeybi. In the far northwest and southwest the heat mixes with humidity to form rainforest. This is especially true in the southwest where a swamp has formed.
The Djelian Toon is used in Djelian-speaking areas, while the Ephebian Drachma is used in the Ephebian-speaking areas.