|Learnt At||150 of fighting.special.weapon|
|Skills Used||Fighting.special.weapon and Fighting.melee for the weapon used|
|Items Needed||A piercing weapon that allows impale|
Impale is a warrior-only command that is used mid combat. Whether a weapon is capable of impaling can be found through use of the judge command.
Pages that link to this page: mostly weapons that this command can be used with.
Impale can be learned at 150 levels of fighting.special.weapon from a guild instructor or from another player who has the command.
impale <target> with <weapon> impale <target> <random|guts|legs|head|back|neck|hands|feet|arms|side> with <weapon> impale compare <zone 1> with <zone 2>
Damage, preparation difficulty, launch difficulty and guild point cost will depend on the zone targeted. From weakest to most damaging the target zones and associated guild point cost are:
35gp hands|feet 35gp legs 35gp arms 35gp side 40gp neck 45gp guts|back 45gp head
Generally the launch difficulty is constant and the preparation difficulty scales with damage but there are two exceptions where:
- an impale targeting the guts (45gp) is easier to prepare than one targeting the neck (40gp), though it inflicts more damage'
- an impale targeting the back is hardest to prepare of all but is easier to launch.
If a successful impale kills the target, a special message may be displayed.
- You skewer the <victim's> <body part> with your <weapon>, causing several jets of blood to spray out, covering the area in a fine red mist. In another medium, this might qualify as abstract art.
- As you drive your <weapon> into the <victim's> <body part> and yank it free, the wound spurts blood relentlessly, draining <his/her/its> last drops of life. Clean-up on aisle <number>.
- As you skewer <him/her/it>, the <victim> struggles against your <weapon> briefly, until gravity catches up to <him/her/it>, dragging <him/her/it> to the ground and off the weapon.
- You fatally impale the <victim> on your <weapon>, <his/her/its> lifeblood gushing from the wound as you withdraw your weapon.
- You shove your <weapon> right through the <victim's> <body part>, the bloodied weapon bursting messily out the other side.
- You bury your <weapon> in the <victim's> <body part>, then pull it free with a pop like a cork escaping a bottle of champagne. However, instead of bubbly, a tide of gore erupts. Cheers.
- You impale the <victim's> <body part> with your <weapon>, twisting it inside <him/her> before yanking it free. Un-skewered, <his/her> corpse slumps to the ground.
- You launch a powerful attack with your <weapon>. The <victim> staggers around, trying desperately to plug the hole in <his/her/its> <body part>. Maybe in <his/her/its> next life, <he/she/it>'ll make sure that <he/she/it> knows where <his/her/its> towel is.
- You launch a powerful attack with your <weapon>. The <victim> attempts to say some last words as your <weapon> drives through <his/her/its> <body part>: Gurgle, gurgle, aaargh.
- You sheath your <weapon> in the <victim>'s eye. As <he/she/it> falls to the ground, you withdraw the weapon, wiping it clean before looking around for another opponent.
- <His/Her/Its> <body part> pierced by your <weapon>, the <victim> hops around briefly. Cradling <his/her/its> bleeding extremity, <he/she/it> falls over, <his/her/its> screams ending as <he/she/it> collapses to the ground.
- You launch a powerful attack with one of your <weapon>. The <victim> attempts to say some last words as your fine sabre drives through <his/sher/its> head: Tell my wife's lover that I...
- You launch a powerful attack with one of your <weapon>. For a moment, you and the <victim> stare at each other, before the <victim> collapses, a gaping hole in <his/sher/its> torso.
- You run one of your fine sabres right through the <victim>, and <he/she/it> stands, bleeding profusely, for a few seconds before collapsing lifelessly.
- You plunge one of your <weapon> into the <victim>. As it is withdrawn, <he/she/it> examines the place where <his/her/its> <body part> used to be before slumping over lifelessly.
- As the <victim> is impaled on your <weapon>, <his/her/its> innards burst from <his/her/its> body like grisly fireworks. At least <he/she/it> made an impression on the way out.
- You launch a powerful attack with your <weapon>. The <victim> stares blankly into the distance, this expression made convenient by the hole where your <weapon> just was, and earlier, where an eye used to be.
- You drive your <weapon> into the <victim>'s chest, impaling <his/her/its> vital organs before it bursts out the other side in a shower of gore.
- You pin the <victim>'s right hand with the point of your <weapon>, before smashing the butt end across <his/her/its> body, leaving <him/her/it> open for the killing blow which quickly follows.
- <Victim> looks down at the <weapon> protruding from <his/her/its> chest in horrified surprise, then back up at you, before the consequences catch up to <him/her/it> and <he/she/it> slumps lifelessly to the ground.
Impaling Trolls may sometimes result in a troll-specific message research If this has been marked on a page, it's because there was something that probably isn't known, that the person who edited the page thinks could be found out. Perhaps you could figure this thing out, and be famous evermore.
- Your <weapon> travels halfway through the <troll> before getting stuck in the stone. the <troll> looks triumphant, but only for a moment before <he/she/it> cracks into <number of> pieces.
- Managing to find a crack in the <victim's> skin, you plunge your <weapon> right into <him/her>, fatally wounding <him/her>.
- As your <weapon> is driven into <him/her/it>, the <troll> lurches back and forth, as if deciding whether to go left or right. Finally, <he/she/it> splits the difference, breaking apart instead.
As seems to also be the case with trees research If this has been marked on a page, it's because there was something that probably isn't known, that the person who edited the page thinks could be found out. Perhaps you could figure this thing out, and be famous evermore.
- You drive your <weapon> into the large pine's trunk. The bark around it splinters and snaps. The large pine freezes for a moment, looking far less animate as it dies.
Impaling achievements belong to the warriors category.
- Achievement: A Little Bit Special
- Achievement: Special
- Achievement: Impolite Impalers
- Achievement: Inserter Of Sharp Objects
Discworld command help: Impale