|Learnt At||150 of fighting.special.weapon|
|Skills Used||Fighting.special.weapon and Fighting.melee for the weapon used|
|Items Needed||A piercing weapon that allows impale|
Pages that link to this page: mostly weapons that this command can be used with.
Impale can be learned at 150 levels of fighting.special.weapon from a guild instructor or from another player who has the command.
impale <target> with <weapon> impale <target> <random|guts|legs|head|back|neck|hands|feet|arms|side> with <weapon> impale compare <zone 1> with <zone 2>
Damage, preparation difficulty, launch difficulty and guild point cost will depend on the zone targeted. From weakest to most damaging the target zones and associated guild point cost are:
35gp hands|feet 35gp legs 35gp arms 35gp side 40gp neck 45gp guts|back 45gp head
Generally the launch difficulty is constant and the preparation difficulty scales with damage but there are two exceptions where:
- an impale targeting the guts (45gp) is easier to prepare than one targeting the neck (40gp), though it inflicts more damage'
- an impale targeting the back is hardest to prepare of all but is easier to launch.
If a successful impale kills the target, a special message may be displayed.
- You skewer the <victim's> <body part> with your <weapon>, causing several jets of blood to spray out, covering the area in a fine red mist. In another medium, this might qualify as abstract art.
- As you drive your <weapon> into the <victim's> <body part> and yank it free, the wound spurts blood relentlessly, draining <his/her/its> last drops of life. Clean-up on aisle <number>.
- As you skewer <him/her/it>, the <victim> struggles against your <weapon> briefly, until gravity catches up to <him/her/it>, dragging <him/her/it> to the ground and off the weapon.
- You fatally impale the <victim> on your <weapon>, <his/her/its> lifeblood gushing from the wound as you withdraw your weapon.
- You shove your <weapon> right through the <victim's> <body part>, the bloodied weapon bursting messily out the other side.
- You bury your <weapon> in the <victim's> <body part>, then pull it free with a pop like a cork escaping a bottle of champagne. However, instead of bubbly, a tide of gore erupts. Cheers.
- You impale the <victim's> <body part> with your <weapon>, twisting it inside <him/her> before yanking it free. Un-skewered, <his/her> corpse slumps to the ground.
- You launch a powerful attack with your <weapon>. The <victim> staggers around, trying desperately to plug the hole in <his/her/its> <body part>. Maybe in <his/her/its> next life, <he/she/it>'ll make sure that <he/she/it> knows where <his/her/its> towel is.
- You launch a powerful attack with your <weapon>. The <victim> attempts to say some last words as your <weapon> drives through <his/her/its> <body part>: Gurgle, gurgle, aaargh.
- You sheath your <weapon> in the <victim>'s eye. As <he/she/it> falls to the ground, you withdraw the weapon, wiping it clean before looking around for another opponent.
- <His/Her/Its> <body part> pierced by your <weapon>, the <victim> hops around briefly. Cradling <his/her/its> bleeding extremity, <he/she/it> falls over, <his/her/its> screams ending as <he/she/it> collapses to the ground.
- You launch a powerful attack with one of your <weapon>. The <victim> attempts to say some last words as your fine sabre drives through <his/sher/its> head: Tell my wife's lover that I...
- You launch a powerful attack with one of your <weapon>. For a moment, you and the <victim> stare at each other, before the <victim> collapses, a gaping hole in <his/sher/its> torso.
- You run one of your fine sabres right through the <victim>, and <he/she/it> stands, bleeding profusely, for a few seconds before collapsing lifelessly.
- You plunge one of your <weapon> into the <victim>. As it is withdrawn, <he/she/it> examines the place where <his/her/its> <body part> used to be before slumping over lifelessly.
- As the <victim> is impaled on your <weapon>, <his/her/its> innards burst from <his/her/its> body like grisly fireworks. At least <he/she/it> made an impression on the way out.
- You launch a powerful attack with your <weapon>. The <victim> stares blankly into the distance, this expression made convenient by the hole where your <weapon> just was, and earlier, where an eye used to be.
- Your <weapon> travels halfway through the <troll> before getting stuck in the stone. the <troll> looks triumphant, but only for a moment before <he/she/it> cracks into <number of> pieces.
- Managing to find a crack in the <victim's> skin, you plunge your <weapon> right into <him/her>, fatally wounding <him/her>.
- As your <weapon> is driven into <him/her/it>, the <troll> lurches back and forth, as if deciding whether to go left or right. Finally, <he/she/it> splits the difference, breaking apart instead.
- You drive your <weapon> into the large pine's trunk. The bark around it splinters and snaps. The large pine freezes for a moment, looking far less animate as it dies.
Impaling achievements belong to the warriors category.
- Achievement: A Little Bit Special
- Achievement: Special
- Achievement: Impolite Impalers
- Achievement: Inserter Of Sharp Objects