Hit points (also known as Health points or just HP) are a measure of a player's vitality. When the player takes damage by any means, they lose hit points. If their hit points fall below zero, they get a visit from he who talks like this.
Maximum hit points
The maximum amount of hit points a player has is mostly controlled by their bonus in adventuring.health. There is also an effect from the player's weight.
To determine a player's maximum hit point total, read off the 'weight factor' from the graph to the right based on the player's weight, and then apply the following formula:
Max HP = floor( (150 + 10 * con + 4 * ad.he bonus) * weight-factor )
Hit point regeneration
HP regen per round = rounddown(sqrt(200/9.8 * (4 * ln(con) + ln (str)) - 50) - 10)
Ways to recover hit points
- See also: Category:Healing
Beyond waiting for them to regenerate, players can recover hit points via any of the following means:
- Drink healing tea (restores health over time or blue water (instant boost).
- Eat a chocolate sword or some foods.
- Smell a healing rose (restores health over time).
- Perform any of the following priest rituals:
- Bandage with a strip of cloth.
- Zap with an oak wand.
- Heal with the blade of Soyin.
- Relax in some hot springs or PK combat arena baths.
Splint can be used when legs are broken to reduce damage done when walking and to mend your legs after some time.
Players can view their current and maximum hitpoints via the score command. If the player is in combat or otherwise in most situations where the player takes damage, the monitor will show up detailing their current and maximum hitpoints.