|Deity||Hat, Vulture-Headed God of Unexpected Guests|
|Finger|| As the God of Unexpected Guests, Hat and His priests are renowned for their erratic behaviour and unpredictability. His worshippers have a penchant for parties, especially if they involve hiding behind furniture then leaping out to shout "Surprise!" Generally free spirited, the followers of Hat frequently express their piety by travelling to new places, meeting new people, and engaging in new experiences. In keeping with his vulture-like nature, Hat can spot a good party, opportunity for mischief, or tasty corpse from miles away.
Among Hat's most valued commandments is: Surprise them, before they surprise thee, lest I visit upon thee a bigger surprise that thou shalt not like in the least for failing in thy duty to Me.
|Areas||Ankh-Morpork, Djelibeybi, Bes Pelargic, Genua, Slippery Hollow|
|Priests' Alignment|| min: -9 quite evil
max: -2 barely evil
|Ideal Alignment|| min: -6 evil
max: -6 evil
|Major Shield||covered with translucent feathers|
|Holy symbol|| brass feather|
|Ritual bonuses|| 3 other priests +16, other deity's high altar +16|
|Unique rituals||Life of the Party, Parasitic Vision, Unwilling Host, Visit|
|Finger||Finger information on Hat (login required)|
The current High Priestess of Hat is Bananas.
The ideal alignment for a Hattian is around 5 degrees evil (or, the high end of the "evil" range). He will be merely "pleased" with you if you're from 2 - 5 or 6 - 9 degrees evil.
Temples to Hat can be found in:
- Ankh-Morpork on the Street of Small Gods.
- Bes Pelargic near the bottom of the red tower (a little north of the river on the very east side of the city).
- Djelibeybi on Temple Street on the northwest side of the city.
- Genua on the west part of the dock area.
- Slippery Hollow on the western side of the market.
Shops which sell Hattian items can be found in the Ankh-Morpork, Djelibeybi and Genua temples. You can also buy priestly items of your own deity from the charm peddler who wanders around the Imperial District in Bes Pelargic (mainly on Garden Walk).
- Scoone of Hat can be found in the east part of the Temple of Small Gods. Newbies who ask him for "help" will find that he can take them to any of the temples in Ankh-Morpork.
- H.P. Haxxter runs the shop in the Ankh-Morpork temple.
- Benna of Hat is the instructor in the Djelibeybi temple.
- Ginzo of Hat is the instructor in the Genua temple.
- Khepresh wanders all around the Disc, Visiting players. You can follow him and go along on his visits--although he won't let those who are "too weak" follow him.
- Skimp wanders around Ankh-Morpork.
- Reverend Sternlick is in the Slippery Hollow temple.
Various unnamed priests and priestesses of Hat also wander around Ankh-Morpork.
Hat's unique ritual bonuses are granted to those who are at another deity's high altar, or in the presence of four or more other priests.
There are no penalty for being drunk, it is offset with a bonus equal to the penalty.