Granny Benedict's Bond of Loyalty
|Granny Benedict's Bond of Loyalty|
|Description||Bonds a magical talisman to a person.|
Bonding an item always has the effect of making its owner identifiable via Goodie Whemper's Apple Divination.
Other effects depend on the item:
- All bonded holdable items (usually weapons) can only be held by the owner.
- Broomsticks gain additional memory slots based on the witch's adventuring.direction bonus.
- Wooden whistles bound to fruitbats will call the fruitbat back if blown within a few rooms of them.
This spell is cast using the syntax:
cast <spell> with <talisman> for <person>
|Focus tea results|
The following skills are used in the stages of this spell:
This spell requires no components.
You prepare to cast Granny Benedict's Bond of Loyalty on <item> You inspect <item> to ascertain its true nature. You send your mind into <item>, calling forth its inner essence. You croon beguilingly to <item>. You squint ferociously and loom over <item>. You say loudly: Let's you an' I be friends then, little <item>.
In your mind's eye you sense it nodding agreeably.
- Failure (item is not a talisman)
In your mind's eye you sense it peering back at you blankly.
- Failure (item is a proto-talisman)
In your mind's eye you sense it struggle to cooperate and finally give up, Spent.
- Failure (item cannot be bonded to that person because it's already bonded to someone else or skill failures)
In your mind's eye you sense it thumbing its nose at you.
- Failure (item is already bonded to the person requested)
In your mind's eye you sense it nodding impatiently at you.
- Failure (person to be bonded to has left the room)
In your mind's eye you sense it look around to see who you're on about, then peer at you curiously.
- To others
Myrina Womblesworth peers closely at a large round stone. Myrina Womblesworth lays her hand on a large round stone and closes her eyes. Myrina Womblesworth croons a quiet song. Myrina Womblesworth squints ferociously and looms over a large round stone. Myrina Womblesworth says loudly: Let's you an' I be friends then, little large round stone.
Myrina Womblesworth peers closely at an artificer's staff. Myrina Womblesworth lays her hand on an artificer's staff and closes her eyes. Myrina Womblesworth croons a quiet song. Myrina Womblesworth squints ferociously and looms over an artificer's staff. Myrina Womblesworth asks loudly: Why don't you and Claudio be friends then, little artificer's staff?
The bond of loyalty between a talisman and its owner may be broken by casting Nanny Revere's Traitorous Talisman on it.
If the talisman is bonded to someone other than the caster, then the bond can only be broken if both the caster and that person are playerkillers, so witches should be very careful when forming bonds for others.
- Magical talisman
- List of magical talismans
- Nanny Revere's Traitorous Talisman
- Goodie Whemper's Apple Divination
- Delusions of Grandeur
- Discworld spell help: Granny Benedict's Bond of Loyalty
- Focus Tea Database: Granny Benedict's Bond of Loyalty