|Learnt At||10 crafts.smithing|
|Guild||Available to all|
Fix is a crafts command which allows you to attempt to improve the condition of a metallic item in your inventory (usually weapons, armour and jewellery) when in a smithy.
Once they have learned the command, players can fix an item if:
- They are in a smithy.
- The item is damaged, even if just a little bit which is not enough to refer to the item as damaged.
- They have at least 35 crafts guild points.
- They are not wearing the item.
To tell if an item could be fixed if it's just a little bit damaged and can't even be referred to as
damaged, you can do
fix cost <item> in a smithy or launder room.
The crafts.smithing skill subtree determines a player's ability to fix items, as follows:
- Higher bonuses cause more condition to be fixed with each execution of the command.
- Higher bonuses are needed in order to fix items that start off in a worse condition.
Attempting to fix seriously damaged items with low skills may result in the item being destroyed.
It is also possible to try to hone a weapon with an oilstone.
Fixing costs a small amount of money, depending on the degree to which the item is damaged, and the player's bonus in the appropriate crafts.smithing subtree.