Embroidery allows you to use a needle and thread to embroider patterns or text onto items made of cloth, such as clothing. Embroidery requires an embroidery needle and some thread. An embroidery unpicker can be used to remove embroidered text or patterns from an item.
- You can only embroider clothing.
- You can embroider on the following materials: cloth, linen, silk, velvet
- You cannot embroider clothing on the following materials: rubber, wicker, hair, wool, leather, fur, lace, fluff, unidentifiable material
Embroidery (and often quilting) equipment including pattern books can be purchased in various shops around the Disc, for example:
- a shop on Loom Alley in Ankh-Morpork
- the tea parlour on Queen's Road in Sto Lat
- the Ninja guild craft room on Silk Lane in Bes Pelargic
- an embroidery stall in the Djelibeybi bazaar.
Patterns can be embroidered from designs in embroidery pattern books and from individual patterns. Patterns come in various difficulties, requiring various amounts of thread to complete. Different coloured thread can be used in a single pattern. Depending on the skill of the embroiderer, the resulting pattern can take one of eight forms - four levels of success, and four of failure. Examples of aliases that can be customised for use with patterns can be found on the Craft Aliases page. The research tab has details on the quality levels and contents of the pattern books.
crafts.materials.needlework (embroidering patterns and text)
crafts.arts.design (embroidering patterns)
crafts.arts.calligraphy (embroidering text - assumed) research If this has been marked on a page, it's because there was something that probably isn't known, that the person who edited the page thinks could be found out. Perhaps you could figure this thing out, and be famous evermore.
- Discworld MUD Achievements: Embroidery Category
- Discworld MUD Player Help: