From Discworld MUD Wiki
A player's dexterity stat determines how nimble that character is.
- Dexterity directly affects a player's ability to hit things with weapons.
- Dexterity directly affects the trip command.
- Dexterity features prominently in the covert skill tree, heavily affecting all skills there.
- It plays a significant role in the crafts, magic, fighting and adventuring skill trees.
- It is not used very much in the people or faith skill trees.
- Thieves and assassins require very high levels of dexterity to perform their covert commands well.
- Witches and wizards often have fairly high levels of dexterity due to its relevance in the important magic.methods.physical skill subtree.
- Warriors also often have high levels of dexterity as many weapon and defensive skills require it.
- Priests are the only guild without a strong reliance on dexterity.