Command list for idlechasing
This is a list of all commands with their GP costs, GP to XP conversion rates, guild restrictions and skills used.
Commands convert GP into XP at a predefined multiplier when used. All GP draining activities not directly associated with a guild command give 15x (e.g. Search will covert 15 GP at a 15x rate into 225 XP), with the following exceptions:
- Listening to a foreign language while speaking it: This gives 15x to begin with, but the return quickly drops to 4-5x or so.
- Sneak: Gives no xp while you aren't moving, but does drain gp. Also, you only get full xp the first time you move. Moving again is the same as repeating the command.
- Watch: This seems to give no XP at all.
- Value: This gives no XP at all, though it costs 5 gp.
- Fuel: Fueling a broom with 5 or fewer gp gives no XP at all and doesn't count towards raising the command count.
- Possibly, any command that costs 5 or fewer gp won't give any XP and/or won't count towards raising the command count.
And a few miscellaneous commands that only exist in certain places.
|Command||GP->XP||GP cost||Skill(s) Used||Location|
|Appreciate Art||16x||30||crafts.arts.painting/sculpture||Sung family estate|
|Break plank||15x||50||fighting.unarmed.striking||Samurai guild training room|
|Copy Ledger||15x||25||crafts.arts.calligraphy||Temple of the Listening Monks scriptorium|
|Dance on podium||15x||25||magic.methods.physical.dancing||southwest corner of Fez Club in DJB|
|Drive fist into sand||15x||200||adventuring.health||Samurai guild training room|
|Dunk (person)||15x||25||adventuring.movement.swimming||Creel Springs hot springs|
|Hum [bars/staves]||15x||20, 25, 40, 45||crafts.music.theory & crafts.music.instruments.vocal||Temple of Cool crypt|
|Look [bars/staves]||15x||20||crafts.music.theory||Temple of Cool crypt|
|Solve Maze||15x||50||adventuring.direction||corridor of Sandelfon area in BP tower|
|Throw (dart)||15x||10||magic.methods.mental.animating||darts room in Artificers' Academy (hidden restaurant)|
|Weave cloth on loom||15x||50||crafts.materials.weaving||Chronides farmstead, women's quarters (male characters get chased out if Rhea and Koren are there). Has limited use if successful (you can't start a new cloth on the loom).|
- All five music commands count as separate commands (even when used on the same instrument).
- Different rituals count as different commands for the purposes of xp reduction due to command repetition, for the most part ("Cure ___ wounds" rituals appear to be an exception).
- It takes 10 gp to start guarding, and an additional 25 gp for every five seconds that someone's trying to get past. The ongoing cost is 15x return (at least the first time someone tries to get past--it may diminish after that)--to avoid it you can "guard stop".
- It takes 10 gp to prepare the warcry, and another 10 gp when combat starts. The preparation gives 20x xp, and the second part, when combat is entered, gives 15x. Just put it at the end of your alias, so that you'll have time for it to fade away unuttered, and you can use only the first, high-return part.
- Different spells count as different commands for the purposes of xp reduction due to command repetition.
- It seems to take 10 gp to read the thaumometer as long as there's some background magic. If the background magic level is normal (0 thaums), it takes no gp and gives no xp to read it. It also takes no gp and gives no xp to point a thaumometer at a non-magical (unenchanted) item.
- Map commands count as separate commands (even when used on the same map).
- You can study, consult, or locate things on multiple maps at once (the command takes 20 gp per map studied), but there's a diminishing xp return. While using one map, you get 15x the gp used. With two maps at once, however, you only get about 9.7x the gp used, and with three maps it goes down to about 7.7x the gp used.
- That is, it takes 25 gp to just "judge <weapon>", but 50 gp to judge two items against each other. A non-weapon can be "judge"d (and returns, for example, "You determine that the old Circle Sea map is not a melee weapon") but this only costs 10 gp. You can judge a maximum of two weapons at once (and only "against" each other: a simple "judge weapons" will just have you judging one weapon).
- All four commands--wear, remove, tie, and untie--count separately.
- In other words: 25 gp to "vurdere <armour>", 50 gp to vurdere two items against each other, and 25 gp per item to vurdere multiple items ("vurdere armour 1 & armour 2 & armour 3 & armour 4"). There's no decrease in xp return with more items. You can vurdere some number of armours at once dependent on your skills: 12 for a 222 adventuring.evaluating.armour bonus.