Clubs give you the following things:
- Club members can access a special channel for the club, similar to a talker channel, through club badges.
- People can use "who <club name>" to see the online members of a club. This is useful for service-oriented clubs, or for finding recruiters.
- An elected club can rent club housing which only members can access, and which can (but does not usually) have a bulletin board.
- A club can have finger info explaining its purpose. This also shows online members, offline members, and recruiters. For non-secret clubs, this is visible to everyone.
- The club gets its own bank account, accessible through club control rooms, which members can deposit money into. Fees for maintaining the club are withdrawn from this account.
Clubs with a page on this wiki
Creation and maintenance
In these places, you can perform various club-related functions. Most importantly, this is where you can create and disband clubs, check the balance and deposit money into the accounts of clubs you're in, create announcements and discussion items, and change aspects of clubs (such as whether they're founder controlled or elected, and whether they're secret).
Club badges allow you to access the club channel, as well as giving you access to some club functions. You can get a regular one for a club by going to the club room and using the syntax:
replace <number> insignia for <club name> replace insignia for <club name>
They cost &&&&&&&&&&&&+400 .
The syntax is different from talker channels. For example, if you have a club called "Club awesome", then to chat on the channel you would type "club_awesome talk" followed by your message. Similarly, to emote on the channel, you would type "club_awesome emote" followed by your message, and to check the channel history you would type "club_awesome history". Turning the club channel off can be achieved with "club_awesome mute on".
Using "syntax club_awesome" would give you a list of things you can do with your badge.
Apart from club channel things, these functions include:
- Voting and nomination
- Reading announcements and discussion items
Club badges can be combined with the witch spell Gammer Tumult's Amalgamator. This makes it so that one badge lets you access functions for multiple clubs
Custom badges in various forms (for one club each) can be ordered at the Temple of Cool.