From Discworld MUD Wiki
(Redirected from Chronides Estate)
The following NPCs are to be found at the Chronides farmstead:
- Gus Chronides and Adeipho Chronides move around inside and outside the main building. When they are outside they can serve as fly-to for witches.
- Rhea Chronides and Koren Chronides reside in the women's quarters.
- Farmers and traders that sell local vegetables (cabbage, tomatoes, garlic) or clothes.
- Various servants and slaves.
The following facilities are available at the farmstead:
- A fruit and vegetable shop sells, additionally to the obvious, red clay for pottery.
- In the pottery workshop there are a wheel, a table with stains and glazes, a bench for drying pottery and a kiln.
- A refreshment stand sells alcoholic beverages and soft drinks.
- In the women's quarters there are baskets of wool, spindles for spinning and a loom for weaving. During the day, men will be thrown out of this room if Rhea is present. However, men may remain in the room if only Koren is the only occupant (i.e, Rhea is dead). Alternately, men can enter it freely at night when the inhabitants have gone to sleep elsewhere.
- It is possible to try to "weave cloth on loom".
- Searching the basket can yield a clump of wool that can be used to "spin wool with spindle". This reportedly can produce grey woollen thread.
- In the kitchen there is a hearth that can be used for brewing tea, and mortar and pestle to grind herbs.
- There is a well in the southwest corner of the courtyard as well as an ivy plant.
- A water reservoir (3 gallons) is located under the shrine.
- There are three beehives in the barn by the service entrance, which provide honey.
- There are spiders in the room at the top of the defense tower, they are required for antidote.
- During the right season garlic bulbs can be gathered from the fields surrounding the farmstead.
- Goats in the barn supply goat pellets for smelly seeds.
- An owl in the hayloft of the barn supplies owl feathers.
- A dark green ivy plant in the courtyard supplies ivy seeds.
- The herb garden by the service entrance contains:
- The vegetable gardens west of the main farm building contains:
Other items of interest
- 4-5 bottles of various colours can be found on the shelf in the store room.
- A large oinochoe and a large olpe (containers holding approximately 4 quarts) can be found on the shelf in the kitchen.
- Olive trees are growing in the farmstead's yard, the olives can be plucked (seasonal). The trees can be climbed.
- The farmstead is surrounded by tomato and garlic fields.
- On the shelf in the pottery workshop there are vessels. Their shapes can be examined and their patterns studied.
- There is an altar in the room east of the pottery shop, on which you can sacrifice or offer things (incense works) for a Bless. The command takes 50 gp, so presumably it may offer faith TMs. There may be a skillcheck.
- The chicken hutch at the drink stand can be opened. If the barn is searched for a shovel, then it can be used to clean the coop. In the coop are eggs which can be collected, but they're inedible and hatch into chicks after a few minutes.
- In one room is a tree in a patch of red earth. If the patch is searched, one can acquire clay for pottery. There is a limit (up to 9) on how much clay can be gathered at one time.
- The hay piles in the hay loft can be searched. The message suggests that something will eventually be found (a needle?). However, a skillcheck seems to be involved (50 gp used).
- A beam in the hayloft can be stood upon ("stand on the beam"). It takes approximately 185 bonus in balancing before one is allowed to use it. It is possible to trigger a balancing (ad.ac.ba) TM.