Bottles are vessels that can hold a liquid, or certain solids (such as honey and ground herbs).
Bottles are most commonly used on discworld to hold:
- Drinks, especially potions.
- Certain spell components (such as honey).
- Water for the Pishe version of the Totem ritual.
- Bottles can be found in various locations about the disc, especially witch cottages.
- Shops that sell liquids usually sell them in bottles.
- The glassmaking shop on the Street of Cunning Artificers in Ankh-Morpork can create custom bottles.
The colours available in witch cottages and other locations are as follows:
- Amber bottles are found in Agnes Nitt's cottage.
- Blue bottles are found in Granny Weatherwax's cottage.
- Brown bottles are found in Annie Spindlewits' cottage and in the McSweeney conservatory.
- Indigo bottles are found in Millie Hopgood's cottage.
- Opal bottles are found in The Hammered Cat kitchen
- Orange bottles are found in Mum Blithesome's cottage.
- Red bottles are found in Aunty Ogg-San's hut.
- Turquoise bottles are found in Granny Weatherwax's cottage, Hilta Goatfounder's stall and Gennie Applebottom's cottage.
- Yellow bottles are found in Granny Weatherwax's cottage.
- Wee Flaudia's cottage has a random selection of bottles in several unique colours, including golden, pink, rose and vermilion.
- Ethel Applebaum's cottage has a random selection of standard colours, plus rainbow-coloured and clear bottles.
Bottles break if put into a non-wearable container (like a box) but are safe enough in wearable containers (like a pack).
- If a player goes swimming whilst carrying any open bottle anywhere about their person (including in backpacks, sacks, etc.), then that bottle will be topped up to the brim with water, diluting whatever was previously in the bottle.
- In rain and possibly snow water will also fall in containers if they are not closed or in other containers (not sure if closing the external container is needed )