From Discworld MUD Wiki
|Precise dimensions||1 x 2/12|
|Thaums/sec||2 stable / 3 talisman / 5 max|
|Melee type||Misc weapon|
|Speed||10 Extremely fast|
|Maximum damage||2 Very low|
|Average damage||1 Extremely low|
Wicked-looking barbs jut from the shaft of this long quill, placed just right to pierce the user's hand. The nib is wickedly sharp, and the three inches of feather remaining at the top are a bright, bloody scarlet.
The barbed quill is about a foot long and a couple of inches wide. It is made of bone and could be used as a weapon of type misc.
- When you try to draw or otherwise hold the quill you can either succeed and it moves to one of your hand or fail and the quill remains where it was before you tried to hold it (scabbard, inventory, ground).
- Holding the quill tms faith.items.scroll at least up to a 190 bonus.
- However, it is reportedly not sufficient to allow you to hold it, so something else must be involved, possibly another skill.
- You do not need any gp in order to successfully hold the quill.
- Anything written with the quill held will then be written in blood.
- The quill draws blood (whether or not you succeed in holding it), doing a small amount of damage (around 100-200 hp). This damage bypasses shields.
- The damage reduces shields that protect against piercing damage: bug shield, probably TPA, and the CCC variants that protect against pierce (not metal).
- This means it can help you reduce bug shield a bit at a time if it's too small to cast twice (above small swarm, might vary with different skills).