Alcohol! For the most part, it's found in beer, wine, and other such drinks, but there are one or two other alcoholic things.
Alcohol, and drunkenness, has a few uses:
- It counters knurdness.
- You must be a little drunk in order to Hedgehog.
- Alcohol is a component for the Visit ritual.
- Summoning beer is part of the achievement Achievement: Founder of the Feast.
The most common by far, alcoholic drinks can be found all over the place. Most commonly, you can buy them in pubs by the glass, but there are a few other places.
These are the types of alcohol available:
- List of beers
- List of wines
- List of liqueurs
- List of spirits
- List of miscellaneous alcohols
- List of mixed drinks
All volumes listed are approximate, and based off of what you see if you look at the glass after buying it. Alcohol is usually sold in these kinds of glasses:
- shot glass: holds 2 tbsp
- wine glass or cocktail glass: hold 6 oz
- tumbler or half-pint glass: hold 1 cup
- brandy glass: holds 2 cups, may be mostly empty with 2 tbsp instead
- pint glass: holds 1 pint
- tankard: holds 2 pints
Bottles normally hold one or two pints.
You can also create alcoholic drinks with the spell Wurphle's Midnight Snack, which will allow you to summon ale, beer, dark chocolate liqueur, mead, red wine, or whiskey, among other things.
Chewy absinthe bottles from a sweetie shop in Genua are alcoholic, but only barely. Eating two bottles is enough to make you drunk enough for Cure Drunkenness to work, but it wears off quickly enough that the ritual can't be finished because you are not drunk.
There are alcoholic fumes in the storeroom of the inn in Razorback, and breathing them (that is, staying in the room) can make you drunk.