From Discworld MUD Wiki
Spoken Agatean can be tmed all over Bes Pelargic, but there are a few particularly chatty areas/npcs. A few good ways to tm it are:
- Hanging out in the Square of a Thousand Parades or Dragon Head Square in Bes Pelargic, where you can hear things said anywhere in the square. Thousand Parades NPCs are frequently killed, so Dragon Head may be a better bet.
- Wandering around the family estates in Bes Pelargic, where named human npcs will generally say something to you when you enter the room (there are also some stationary npcs who are a little chatty)
- Getting Ryattenoki to follow you around
- Following around Quisoda and the Iron Philosopher, who hang out together and argue with each other. Watch out: though rarely, they sometimes wander into the Snail
- Following Miss Information who is a tour guide
- Approaching an imperial guard while carrying a weapon will cause the guard to either confiscate your weapon (if you don't have an arms permit) or to praise the fact that you have papers. Either way, the guard will say something.
Apart from signs in shops, road signs, and handbills throughout Bes Pelargic, and primers:
- Youths wearing sandwich boards wander around Bes Pelargic. You can read these.
- The Bes Pelargic Language Institute sells dictionaries in Agatean--look for the ones with descriptions say they're for Agatean students.
- The book shop at the entrance to the Bes Pelargic L-Space Bubble sells a few books in Agatean, with the atlas being fairly long.
- Nicolette Leveaux's shop has an Agatean clothing catalogue, among others.
- The Agatean family estates have books detailing their histories.
- A stall in the black market in Bes Pelargic sells a revolutionary document in Agatean.
- Speaking of signs, you can switch the directions on signposts in the Red Triangle or Bad Poo-Ning districts and read them, which will count as having read something different.
- Do you know what they call an AFK player in the Snail? A ghost.