From Discworld MUD Wiki
|All skill trees|
|Skill in TM wiki|
Adventuring.direction is the skill which determines one's ability to orient oneself, and avoid getting lost.
This skill is used for the following aspects:
- Avoiding misflights on a broomstick, and determining the number of slots available on that broomstick.
- Avoiding getting lost in the library of the Illusionary Institute of Learning, the Agatean wizards' courtyard, and in the Shonky Shop.
- Using maps correctly .
- Determining the time of day by looking at the sun or moon.
- Solving the maze near the Sandelfon high altar in Bes Pelargic.
- Solving Agatean Familly missions that require you to change plans of other families.
- Determining the wind direction when firing the crossbow in Slippery Hollow.
- Navigating on the SS Unsinkable, finding your bearing and position.
- Defending against Endless Halls.
|120||Consulting Discworld map|
|128||Studying a Discworld map while in Genua|
|145||Determining wind direction at archery range in Slippery Hollow|
|149||Altering information in the Hong war room.|
|150||Consulting Discworld map outside of Job market|
|152||Altering information in the Sung family study.|
|158||Consulting Discworld map in Ephebe|
|198||Successful broom flight|
|205||Checking wind direction for archery in Slippery Hollow|
|211||Wandering through the IIL library|
|219||Just standing in the Medina|
|231||Right-handed broom flight at night, to recorded broom slot|
|231||Right-handed broom flight in daylight, to unique NPC|
|232||Right-handed broom flight in daylight, to unique NPC|
|232||Right-handed broom flight at night, to recorded broom slot|
|233||Right-handed broom flight in daylight, to unique NPC|
|233||Right-handed broom flight at night, to recorded broom slot|
|234||Right-handed broom flight at night, to unique NPC|
|238||Right-handed broom flight in daylight, to unique NPC|
|244||Right-handed broom flight in daylight, to unique NPC|
|357||Studying large Ramtops map|
|398||Successful flight whilst holding broom in one hand|
- For Sandelfonians, "enter corridor" and then leave the instructor room. For others, just "enter corridor". The maze is painted on the wall.