Yarrow is a plant with a long stem, branching towards the top into a cluster of small white or pink flowers.
Yarrow can be used as follows:
Fresh yarrow weighs 1/9 for 10 stalks or 5/9 lb for every handful of 50 stalks.
Once preserved yarrow weighs much less, 1/9 lb for 140 stalks. This is 1/10 the original weight after rounding.
Yarrow is a poison if ingested directly.
After eating at least 20 stalks of yarrow and waiting 2 minutes, it gives temporary stat penalty of -5 constitution and -2 dexterity as well as regularly draining 10% of your remaining health points at intervals of 30 to 60 seconds.
Eating more yarrow does not make you sick faster and dried yarrow doesn't seem to change anything either.
It can be cured with antidote tea.
If left untreated it will last 20 minutes.
Yarrow can be found in the following locations:
- Granny Weatherwax's cottage
- Millie Hopgood's cottage
- Agnes Nitt's cottage
- Wee Flaudia's cottage
- Annie Spindlewits' cottage
- Gennie Applebottom's cottage
- Aunty Ogg-San's hut
- Mum Blithesome's cottage
- The wandering cottage
- Mama Diksha's stall
- Academy of Artificers garden in Sto Lat
- Garden of the Temple of Small Gods in Ankh-Morpork
- Temple of the Listening Monks
- Chronides farmstead
- Palude Ditta park in Genua - seasonal (summer/autumn)
It can be bought from: