Weigh is an innate command that gives you a rough estimate of the weight of an item. According to the help file, its accuracy is based on dexterity. If a more accurate weight is needed, it is recommended to use a balance or other weighing device such as the scales at the Djelibeybi post office.
You can generally only weigh an item if you are carrying it, but not wearing it.
- To use the balances, you need to have completed a quest.
- Items heavier than all the weights (around 13 4/9 lb) cannot be weighed on the balance.
- You can weigh many items at once, but not worn items.
A pair of scales that give the weight in deben are available in the Djelibeybi post office north of the bazaar.
- Each weighing attempt costs 1 talon.
- Using the scales accurately requires people.culture.djelian, a 150 bonus seems enough to always succeed.
- 9 deben equal 2 lb
- Due to the conversion rate, the weights returned by the scales introduce a 1/9 lb margin of error.
- Written on the scales: For the convenience of ignorant foreigners, it is known under the bubble of the Sky Goddess Nesh that two "pounds" of sand weigh nine deben.