Hey hey - I made your change, and it seems to work (you may have to force a refresh for it) - for reference, CSS changes can be made using the MediaWiki:Common.css special page. I don't know what permissions you need to do that, but give that a go if you need to make any amendments. :-D
Thanks, Drakkos 10:10, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
Hey hey - I asked Ilde and Chat about potential new admin for the wiki (since we're down a few), and they suggested you because of your fine wiki work. So I made that so. Without bothering to ask, because that's just how I roll. Any objections, and I'll undo it of corsue. :-D
Drakkos 21:25, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
Hi, I just noticed that it currently it is not possible to view or change the registered mail address that should be associated with my user profile (I would expect it in my preferences). Also, in the past I know I received email notifications if something was added to my user talk page. DoBBiN told me that after my edit of his user talk page he did not receive a notification. Are these changes that are down to the currently installed version, or is that something that could be fixed? --Gunde 19:30, 10 February 2013 (UTC)
Someone asked me in game if I could either delete the account someone has made in their name and create one that was genuinely them, or either reset the pw on it or change the email to their email so they can do a p/w recovery - but I don't seem to have a mechanism for any of those.
I blocked the fake account for the time being, but would be nice to resolve this issue.
- I don't have Pit's email, so I changed the password in the db and mudmailed it.
- There was no email in the account and no edits with it.
- --Frazyl 17:44, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
Mirror and/or backend access
how are your plans for the mirror I set up coming along? Yesterday all day the wiki here was down due to the MySQL server refusing the connection, so how about setting up a cron job that copies all data across to the mirror on a daily basis?
Alternatively, is there a chance anybody else except you gets full access to all required features so they can check and fix problems like the one yesterday?
--Gunde 08:42, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Frazyl,
- is there any chance of at least getting a database dump every now and then, for backup purposes, and for at least having a read-only mirror?
- --Gunde 22:42, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
- I must admit, I'd feel a lot happier if we had a working mirror. The eggs were all in one basket with Drakkos, and I've seen other brilliant sites lost because all the eggs were in one basket (the original spellcheck would be a prime example). If nothing else it would be nice to know that there was a backup mechanism in place such that if something happened to Frazyl, it would not mean the loss of the wiki which, after all, represents a lot of time and effort on the part of many players, such that we are merely the custodians nof their work. My worst case scenario would be that Frazyl would suffer some accident or illness and all that we would see would be first, an inability to contact Frazyl, and eventually, the expiry of the hosting and loss of all the data. It would make sense to protect the database against such an occurence. Zexium 19:32, 8 June 2014 (UTC)