Since this page is entirely written as advice and links given by DoBBiN, it seems to me that it fits well as a user page, but much less as an article.
Or possibly it could be rewritten in a more neutral perspective and expanded to be more generally useful to newbies if anyone wants to work on it.
What do you guys think?
--Frazyl 21:10, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Is this really a newbiehelpers guide rather than a newbie guide? What makes it specific for helpers? --Gunde 22:57, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, this is a little... odd? Not to mention at least one of the links being not necessarily appropriate for a newbie guide (LaoTzu's site was probably great in its day but it's years old now and some of the info/advice (including stuff for newbies specifically, like joining!) is inaccurate because of that. And wasn't skycladcrones the one that was merged into this very wiki, or am I thinking of a different witch site?). --Ilde 20:38, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, some sites have not been updated for some time and may be out of date.
- Nah, Skycladcrones is Aniline's site.
- What was merged is the Lancre Witch Trials wiki.
- I suppose newbie helpers just means it's meant to help newbies.
- --Frazyl 04:04, 11 January 2013 (UTC)
The page was intended as a 'one hit wonder' for newbies to help them and so they didn't have to trawl through the web. Others have done better and wiser things, so thanks to them. Other sites will be added and taken away. I'll try to keep it up to date. It was called newbiehelper because I'm a newbiehelper. This sprang from a newbiehelpers discussion about how to best help newbies, but not to spoon feed them. I've changed the name to avoid confusion. I also didn't know that some sites were merged into this one, so my apologies for that, and I'll update the links to reflect this. Dobbin