|Learnt At||20 fighting.special.unarmed|
|Guild||Available to all|
Trip is a fighting command which can be used to upset an opponent's balance during combat.
Although trip relies on unarmed skills, it may be performed whether holding a weapon or not. In order to successfully trip an opponent, one must:
- Pass a fighting.special.unarmed test in order to prepare the attack.
- Succeed in a skillcheck of fighting.unarmed.grappling and dexterity against the opponent's appropriate fighting.defence skill (depending on their tactics response setting), strength and dexterity.
- The skillchecks are also slightly adjusted by the relative weight of the attacker vs the defender, where the heavier of the two has an advantage.
The effects depend on the degree of success of the skillcheck:
- A high degree of success results in the victim being sent crashing to the ground, costing them a lot of action points. They remain at a substantial AP disadvantage until they get up again (which occurs automatically). During this period, they cannot be tripped or shoved again.
- A lesser degree of success causes the victim to stumble, costing them a few action points.
- Failure causes the attacker to stumble, costing them a few action points.