|Precise dimensions||1/12 x 1/12|
|Thaums/sec||2 stable / 3 talisman / 5 max|
|Speed||10 Extremely fast|
|Maximum damage||1 Extremely low|
|Average damage||1 Extremely low|
A thin stick aka wand of artifact probing is an artifact that can be used to determine information about magical artifacts.
To use the thin stick, hold it and 'zap' it at a magical artifact. Upon passing a low skillcheck against magic.items.held.wand, the stick will tell its wielder:
- How many charges the artifact has left
- The 'level' of the artifact (which is related to how difficult that artifact is to recharge).
Note that, while the wand's function is similar to that of Fabrication Classification Identification, it does not provide the 'true name' of the artifact being zapped.
You recognise the thin stick to be a wand of artifact probing. This is a small stick, a couple of feet long, that has been roughly scraped clean of bark. It gives off a steady but dull octarine glow.
The thin stick is an inch long and an inch wide. It is made of some unidentifiable material and could be used as a weapon of type mace.
Thin sticks are sold in most magic item shops, including:
- Hobliet the Unnecessary's Linear Tools Shop in the Magical Supplies Emporium on Sator Square in Ankh-Morpork.
- The artifacts shop on Champion Way in the northeast of Bes Pelargic
- The magic shop in Hillshire.
- Nora Bodgett's stall in Lancre Town.