|Old content for this page has been archived, and can be found at the following locations.|
As of this announcement, judge has been significantly changed. This means that judge can't be used to determine rating anymore until we do enough research to work out the new judge formula (and even then, the new formula may be such that it doesn't help determine rating with any degree of accuracy).
I've archived all the old judge discussion (since it mostly related to the judge/rating mechanism, and isn't really applicable anymore).
--Chat 19:42, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
I'll bug you later about it but fwiw, when using judge against at approx a 275 bonus statted i was able to start comparing damage with weapons as well, below that i was only getting attack ease and parry ease when using judge against with two weapons. --Inige
Regarding stats influencing judge
Just a heads up to whoever else that may be researching judge values of weapons, strength influences the results, regardless of bonus. Strength seems to influence ease of attacking and parry so far. For instance, going from a 19 to 21 in strength makes a custom katana move up 1 notch in ease of attacking. Some weapons move up an entire judge rank, typically from rather good to very good. Also there was a bug with judge that gave bad results. It was fixed on the 17th of February.
- Some more info on the strength stat influence. It seems that it even helps with lower strengths to have a str boost. With a glass shard, for example, going from a 14 to 16 str with gauntlets increases its ease of attack from very easy to extremely easy. Going from a 19 to 21 increased this from extremely easy to incredibly easy.
- increasing dexterity to 23 from 21 did nothing to change the judge results. The judge results were also the same at 21 dex as at 16 dex.
- decreasing constitution from 10 to 5 did nothing to change judge results for maces or axes.
Since Judge has so far only been affected by changes in strength and the only things noticeably affected have been ease of attack info and parry capability, I'm trying to figure out a good place to put info regarding this. At the moment, if there is a change in a weapon's judge with regards to strength, I've been putting a note on the page for that weapon. However, this doesn't give the strength that the original judge info was checked with or anything. Perhaps some sort of template can be figured out for this so that it can be added to the weapon's individual page? Also, some sort of baseline strength needs to be figured out. A judge at 8 strength can be for different than at 25. Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone with an 8 strength and high ad.ev.we. Then again, I don't know many people.
Right now I've decided to put the strength judged at in the weapon info box. It will not be viewable however so I have no idea if this is good or not.
- I've added the display for it, just add a line with "Judge-str = (stat)" like in Large axe.
- Once we figure out how it affects the rest we can retrofit the template to display the relationship better.
- --Frazyl 09:10, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
- I guess we could add a variable for parry and ease of attack for every qualifiers to put the str value of the lowest one that gives this result. Like Judge-ease-very-easy=12 but that would require the whole lot of them to be put in so you'd see for example for the rapier:
- Ease of attack: easy at 12 str
- rather easy at 17 str
- very easy at 23 str
- But that's still rather unwieldy.
- Maybe something like the bars could have little numbers above it indicating the str needed for each additional bar, but the numbers would need to be very bunched up together since it varies slowly and the str is in the two digits.
- --Frazyl 20:55, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Wish I knew more about how to do such things. Perhaps now that I have time I will poke around at it. Not going to promise anything though. I think a drop down menu above the judge info where you could select the strength there would be nice but no idea on how to accomplish that...
- --Baldarov 23:35, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, how does everyone feel about making the Strength chart thing I've done up as a standard thing on all weapon pages? At least til someone can come up with something better. Even if people are unable to judge at multiple strengths, at least the one strength they judged it at could be put on this chart. Up to everyone else though. I'm ok with doing it as I have, just adding it as found out but I can also see the convenience of the other way.
If so, could then remove the strength stat from from the weaponinfo box. --Baldarov 22:30, 15 May 2011 (UTC)