Am - the assassin book-room trap is not at the south of the guild, wording was very ambiguous. Zexium 00:09, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
To Rar especially, this page does need to go into great detail about why you might want to do something, or the details of what happens. It is sufficient to give general guidance. The problem with giving detailed and precise guidance is that if you miss something out, people will complain "the wiki didn't say <blah> was dangerous", so it's better to be general, not specific. An example is identifying named NPCs that shouldn't be attacked, people might think that attacking other named NPCs was ok. Zexium 17:55, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- On a similar subject, this page is in danger of swamping out the genuinely and definitely dangerous areas (eg. Snail, Shades) with areas that occasionally have dangerous aspects, but aren't on the whole particularly deadly (Djelibeybi, Ramtops). If we just start adding every location here, then newbies are either:
- Going to be terrified of going anywhere, and stay in Pumpkin Town.
- Going to disregard much of this page as noise, and then walk into somewhere actually hostile.
- To that end, I'm going to split this page up to clearly discriminate between auto-attack areas and general areas with the odd nasty element.
- --Chat 18:10, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- But Chat, the Ramtops ARE a terrifying and relentless death-trap! :( I've developed a phobia about Brass Neck and its hellishly vertical cliffs on all sides.--Ilde 18:28, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- Brass Neck and above, certainly - and I've now made this clear in the article. On the other hand, you'll find it difficult to get yourself killed in Ohulan Cutash or Bad Ass, for example. I just don't want the whole area to get lumped in with the 'no-go zones' like the Snail. --Chat 18:41, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, fair enough. The mountains themselves, though... *shudder*. --Ilde 19:06, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- Oooo, nice reorganization. :) --Ilde 19:19, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- The other problem is hitting the right level of detail so as not to be misleading. Just saying that you can passage underwater, while true in the sense that it's possible under special circumstances--you can passage if you have gills from Breathe Underwater--is quite misleading. If you have gills then you're not likely to be in danger of drowning in any case. --Ilde 18:23, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Ramtops / Hub
I thought the hub, like the frozen wastes, had ice giants, which are aggressive and have a frost attack, and pursue, but they don't throw you. Perhaps someone has confused the ice giants with the "land of giants" at the head of the path to the temple of soyin / temple of listening monks. Those giants are not aggressive, but will throw you into the mountains if you attack them (and the mountains are inhabited by aggressive yetis and lynxes) --Zexium 06:58, 16 November 2010 (UTC)