Talk:Coffee Nostra families
Hey, where did you find the info on the different families' symbols? I was looking for that a while ago, but I couldn't find anything (other than a feeling that some of them were thematically or punnily appropriate for particular families, which is not something I want to base anything on). --Ilde 04:24, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
Heh I was just waiting for the wiki to stop acting up to add more info on symbols. Though it doesn't include where I got them.
While exploring the headquarters of families I found them as designs or other add_item in the rooms.
- For the Gumboni it's on the ceiling of their meeting room west and south of the Cup O' Regime's office.
- For the Coeur Lion it's a design on the border of the carpet in the old fashioned office upstairs.
- For the Corrola the fist with engorged knuckles is on the safe on the accountant's office and on the design of the curtains in the carriage, while the flaming sword is on the the design on the outside of the carriage. Still haven't found a third one though.
By the way the godfathers are beyond locked doors so I can't really confirm those. The rest I got by looking at the named npcs, for the Gumboni the short name of the office tells you who it is. For the others I'm guessing who's who.
By the way it's not easy finding ways to make families like you without killing henchmen. Tried the Kick Consortium but it seems to make the other families hate you, I made a bug report about that... Some info mentions gambling and betting.
--Frazyl 06:27, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, neat! I didn't think to look there (haha, especially since I wasn't and still am not quite sure where I can go without getting ganked). I messed about looking in the library and the clacks tower and trying to get info from Johnny the Shoeshine Boy (who will tell some pretty astonishing (and some dubious) things, but sadly, not that).
- I heard or saw some rumour that shoplifting from a shop under the protection of a family will reduce your reputation with them and increase it with the other two... I don't know if that's true, though. That's what I'd been planning to do, but without knowing what the symbols meant it was too much of a crapshoot. --Ilde 07:52, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Ok I've checked all the shops and will but who protects them shortly. The only unknown was those with "a 'K' encircled by a larger 'C'" but I'm fairly sure that's the Corrola, probably refers to the Kick Consortium.
- --Frazyl 07:55, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
I have some doubts on the Racetrack, maybe it's really a battleground for families. I mean, gambling is a Gumboni thing and the library information on the family says its their turf, but then the Corrola specialize in race horses and there's gentlemen as bodyguards in the race tracks which makes me think of the Coeur Lion.
There's a rug in Albert Dimagio's office with a strange symbol on it in the description, but the refined gentleman won't let me in... Where's the numberchasers killing those when you need them? :p
--Frazyl 06:51, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
Criminal reputation goes down after waiting a while. Is it the same with scorn/respect from the families? Tabs 4:04, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- I'm fairly sure it does, I fought in the Kick Consortium in the sewers a lot once, making the other two families start to give chats that they didn't like me. After a while they stopped the chats, back to neutral I believe. --Frazyl 02:43, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Cool, I was starting to worry about my reputation after several fights in the sewers. --Tabs 07:41, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
I've never seen a hitman attack a resurectee after a hitman deathblow, but I have seen a last death from regular family thugs / guards due to repeatedly being killed when trying to retrieve corpse. Perhaps the hitman only returns if they didn't actually get the deathblow? If there's a log of a hitman killing a resurectee after a hitman deathblow, I'd like to see it. --Zexium 03:13, 19 November 2010 (UTC)