| This is a page for updates on the Discworld MUD's status and discussion, comments are not official. Please note sometimes you might not be able to connect due to outside connection issues, this may or may not be a good place for advice. Please post at the BOTTOM of the page, and sign your comments with four tildes, "~~~~". Old content is archived here.
Server name: discworld.starturtle.net (or ip 188.8.131.52) - port 4242
Backup link: disctemp.starturtle.net (or by ip 184.108.40.206) - port 23 or 4242
IRC channels #DiscworldMud on server irc.quakenet.org port 6667 and
#Wharrgarbl on server taffyd.sydmud.com port 6667, and MSN / windows live chat group (name?) may be active for speculation and socialising while the mud is unavailable.
- A Discord channel is also available at:
- Up - Since around yesterday afternoon (GMT) the Discworld is online again. Darkfrost (talk) 07:47, 17 October 2020 (EDT)
- Down - Inaccessible as of 7:45AM GMT/UTC 0. discworld.starturtle.net port 4242 and disctemp.starturtle.net port 23 are both down. -- Qingfeng 8:45am UTC 0, 16 Oct. 2020
Should be accessible with disctemp.starturtle.net port 23.
...or if that isn't working for you: 220.127.116.11 port 23.
Alas, disctemp.starturtle.net (18.104.22.168) is not accessible for me. "operation timed out. unable to connect to remote host." (from new jersey usa) -- Jaceth.
The main address discworld.starturtle.net (22.214.171.124) is down for me, too, but the backup link disctemp.starturtle.net (126.96.36.199) works for me at 17:37 London time. -- Jeanie (talk) 12:37, 18 September 2020 (EDT)
The main address discworld.starturtle.net (188.8.131.52) is up again for me at 13:00 London time. -- Qingfeng
- Down - 2021/09/02 10:26 [CEST] - The main address discworld.starturtle.net (184.108.40.206) is down. The backup link disctemp.starturtle.net (220.127.116.11) responds to PING but won't establish a connection. -- Spip
- Up - 2021/09/02 14:51 [CEST] - The main address discworld.starturtle.net (18.104.22.168) is working for some people, but some are still reporting issues. The backup link disctemp.starturtle.net (22.214.171.124) seems to be a valid connection alternative in such cases, using port 4242 (port 23 might not be working on either address, at least for some people). -- Spip
There are several so called IPv6 brokers that can allow one to access the IPv6 network without having an IPv6 enabled internet connection. Some are free. Some require registration.
See the IPv6 page for information.