- 1 Interactions
- 2 Combining stat items
- 3 Equipable Stat Items
- 4 Other Stat Effects
- 4.1 Bless (+1 All)
- 4.2 Broken leg(s)
- 4.3 Common cold
- 4.4 Cross-contemplation
- 4.5 GP Tea
- 4.6 Heat stroke
- 4.7 Hypothermia
- 4.8 Intelligence tea (Int)
- 4.9 Scroll-handling check
- 4.10 Sek altar (Str)
- 4.11 Shrine (Wis)
- 4.12 Spider Poison
- 4.13 Warrior's brain cell
- 4.14 Wungle's Body Part Suggestion (Con)
- 4.15 Wungle's Great Sucking (Con)
Many stat items and effects affect more than one stat.
Combining stat items
|This section contains formulae or data from the distribution mudlib. The data has been verified as up to date with research on 26th July 2009.|
Combining stat items has the following effects:
- The first item has its effects applied as usual.
- For each stat of the nth item after that:
- If that item has a positive modifier S for a stat, then that modifier is set to S / (n + 1), rounded down.
- If that item has a negative modifier S for a stat, then that modifier is set to S * n.
- If that item has no modifier for a stat, then its modifier is set to -n.
As an example, consider the following stat effects:
|Prayer beads (radiant)||+2|
These produce the following effects when combined:
- Flat cap then prayer beads
- Prayer beads then bless
- Bless then flat cap
- Bless then flat cap then prayer beads
Equipable Stat Items
Kills if worn for too long.
Kills if worn for too long.
These must be held and charged by using faith gp before they become stat items.
+2 strength, drains GP
Two of them must be held at once.
Other Stat Effects
Bless (+1 All)
Gained from the ritual.
Reduces strength, stand in a smithy or take cold cure to get rid of it.
Contemplating a spell, and then contemplating a different spell before you've fed enough gp into the first one will give you an intelligence penalty of -4 for about 15 minutes, which is reduced to -2 for the next twenty minutes, and then -1 for the next fifteen minutes.
May reduce int after use(?)
Stand somewhere cool, remove warm clothing to get rid of it. Heatstroke can kill.
Stand in a smithy to get rid of it. Hypothermia can kill.
Intelligence tea (Int)
Each failed skillcheck also does damage. The reduced intelligence also reduces bonus which causes an additional skillcheck against your remaining scrolls. The cycle of failed skillcheck -> reduced intelligence -> reduced bonus -> new skillcheck -> failed skillcheck can repeat several times, causing damage each time. This can be fatal!
Sek altar (Str)
Going into the Shrine of Small Gods in Ohulan Cutash and waiting gives you a +1 or +2 wisdom boost. This can be combined with other effects without experiencing additional negative modifiers. Soyin mountain shrine may have the same effect.
Warrior's brain cell
When eaten, gives ?? to warriors and ?? to others.
Constitution reduction for the victim while the spleen is running about, longer if the spleen runner is killed.