Language and currency
Currently no player council governs Slippery Hollow, or regulates its player houses and shops. There is a Magistrate building with two magistrate NPCs in the town.
Crime and Punishment
You can journey there from Lancre Town by taking the Lancre Kingdom carriage.
Alternately, there is always old-fashioned walking.
The following conditions apply to real estate in the Ramtops:
- Players with property elsewhere are ineligible to bid on types of property that they already own.
- Property cannot be shared with those ineligible to bid, as above.
- Players cannot bid on more than one property at a time.
There is a road to the north containing 7 player houses.
Features of Slippery Hollow
The following can be found in Slippery Hollow:
- A large number of stalls selling many things, located on the western side of the town in the market area.
- Mail and parcel counter services are found in the post office west of commercial side street, past the stationery shop.
- Smithies and repair locations include:
- General stores:
- A general store is found on the NW side of the market.
- The leatherwork shop doubles as a general store specializing in leather (not pelts) items
- Component items (non-plant) to be found:
- Component herbs and other plants/foods to be gathered:
- Crossbow practice can be found in the southern gate tower on the east side of town
- A large open fairground area can be found in the eastern end, with some games.
- A pair of haunted houses near the middle of the town.
- A dangerous Forest Maze is found outside of the town, across the eastern bridge.
- At the northern end of the town is a road containing multiple player houses.
- In the far northwest of the town is an abandoned windmill.
- Facilities and activities not open yet - maybe next Thursday?:
- Discwide Angling and Fishing Trust (i.e., fishing) - at the lake
- Slippery Hollow Stationary Store (NPC: Ann Celeria) can provide custom paper
- Agnetha Phedre sells guidebooks out of her cottage.
- Black Aliss's Gingerbread Shop (NPC: Mrs Plenty) sells some...interesting...gingerbread items.
- Nasty Novelties and Ghastly Gifts (NPC: Mr Chumbley) has toys and various touristy things
- Slippery Hollow Stationary Store (NPC: Ann Celeria) sells stationary and tourist items
- The smithy (NPC: Borvid Nhearshale) has a small selection of defensive items and sharpening tools
- Tanning supplies shop (NPC: Mr Smith) sells tanning/dyeing items, including a selection of inks. He does not buy leather.
- Adventuring gear stall - clothes and other items for the well-stocked adventurer
- Boardgame stall - a very large selection of board games
- Farm animal stall - pets...your choice of chicken, goose, pig, or sheep
- Food stall - non-gingerbread food items
- Illumination stall - light sources, from normal to novelty
- Joke stall - this is your place if you feel the novelty store is not sufficiently tacky
- Occult jewelry stall - appropriately themed gold and silver jewelry
- Puppet stall - lots and lots of puppets with a Slippery Hollow theme
- Scabbard stall - selection of normal, and unique, scabbards
- T-shirt stall - a good selection of touristy Slippery Hollow shirts
- Weapons stall - locally made weapons created specifically for the tourist market
- Wandering Unique NPCs
- Chaz Derwin
- Headless Horse Rider
- Jennifer Smythe
- Phillipa Pigshotham
- General NPCs
The following general NPCs may be found wandering the streets:
- Adolescent / Youngster
- Brat / Child / Youth
- Labourer / Ploughman
- Animals include: badger, cat, dog, mouse, polecat, rat, sheep
A temple to Hat can be found on the west side of the market.
While there is no Witches Guild facilities, per se, Agnatha has a few witchy herbs in the garden next to her cottage and there is an occult jewelry stall in the market. See the appropriate guidebook for Slippery Hollow's history and its sad state of affairs of having no (official) witch.
Headless Horse Rider
At night the headless horse rider moves around outdoors in this town. Careful or he might behead you with his flaming sword!
It is safer to stay indoors during the night or to visit Slippery Hollow only during the day.
The headless horse rider is fighting here.
The headless horse rider of Slippery Hollow is a fearsome sight! His moist, clammy skin is of alarming pallor, combining with his pale-eyed, penetrating stare to give a false impression of albinism. His hair is dark and spiked while his teeth are viciously pointed. He is mounted on his headless, black horse. He is in good shape. He is sitting astride a huge, headless horse. Holding : a flaming sword (left hand and right hand). Wearing : a pair of black leather thigh boots, a pair of steel gauntlets and a ringmail hauberk.
This is a large broadsword. It is not made of the finest steel nor is it in the best condition, but it looks fearsome nonetheless. An ethereal light seems to emanate from it and flames occasionally lick along the blade's length.
- According to one book from the village, the first hit the rider does to you (presumably that deals damage through shields/armour/etc) will behead you. It is unclear if that's true or if it requires a behead special.
- The flaming sword probably bypasses armour (maybe not metal or klatchian steel armour?) like other fire (lit torch) or holy weapons.
- Bug shield works in absorbing attacks from the flaming sword, but the bugs get burned very fast by it. Have several plagues' worth of assassin bugs or elephant bugs protect you (several casts even with high bonuses).
- It is complimented well with the metallic net version of Chrenedict's Corporeal Covering which protects against sharp (beheading). Being metal, it might also protect better against fire. (See Weapons#Attacks)
- The headless horse rider does not pursue, but he does follow in a delayed pursue by going in the direction he saw you leave.