He is quite chatty, and can be a good source of Agatean tms.
If he's not already following someone, and he spots a player, he almost immediately start following them around, trying to sell them a haddock. Unlike with normal pursuit, he can follow through Divine Hand and will cost the performer the extra gp for having a passenger.
If you want to "steal" him from another player you can do so by saying "fish" to him in Agatean, or "offer"ing him a rhinu for a haddock (this doesn't commit you to actually buying one).
- Flying away on a broomstick.
- Losing him, then passaging away.
- Entering a restricted area, such as religious instructor rooms.
- Using certain magical and/or non-standard exits, including:
- Going to the top of the Tower of Art in Unseen University, tying the rope to yourself, and jumping (there may be some danger to this).
- Getting another player to steal him from you.
- Buying a haddock from him (you can haggle the price down by offering him one rhinu for a haddock and increasing your offer by one rhinu each time... you may still find the price high, though).
- Waiting, as he will eventually get bored and go away.