Ryattenoki is an npc. He wanders around Bes Pelargic, or wherever some luckless player has dragged him, attempting to sell his haddocks.
He is quite chatty, and can be a good source of Agatean tms.
If he's not already following someone, and he spots a player, he almost immediately start following them around, trying to sell them a haddock. Unlike with normal pursuit, he can follow through Divine Hand and will cost the performer the extra gp for having a passenger.
If you want to "steal" him from another player you can do so by saying "fish" to him in Agatean, or "offer"ing him a rhinu for a haddock (this doesn't commit you to actually buying one).
He is immune to many things, such as being attacked, Fear, Stasis, and drowning. You can, however, get him to stop following you in any of the following ways:
- Flying away on a broomstick.
- Losing him, then passaging away.
- Performing Paralysis on him, then leaving the room.
- Entering a restricted area, such as religious instructor rooms.
- Using certain magical and/or non-standard exits, including:
- The one to the middle of the garden in the Artificers' Academy
- Touching the runes in the entrance of the Academy
- Entering the Bes Pelargic L-Space Bubble by way of wandering into the alley
- Going to the top of the Tower of Art in Unseen University, tying the rope to yourself, and jumping. There may be some danger to this (as in dying if the rope isn't tied to you by the time you jump. But hey, you lost him, right?).
- Climbing, although to actually get away from him you'll need another exit from the room you climbed to. Places where you can leave a different way after climbing include:
- In the Thieves' Guild: climbing the trellis outside to or from the balcony outside Kordane's room.
- At the Mended Drum: climbing up the wall out back, then attempting to climb further up.
- In the McSweeney estate: You can climb in and out of the guest bedroom (in the men's area) and the small, pretty bedroom (in the women's area).
- In the Thieves' Guild: sliding down the banister or vaulting from the balconies.
- Getting another player to steal him from you.
- Using a rickshaw, if you're in Bes Pelargic. The rickshaws can only fit one person, so you'll leave Ryattenoki behind when you are taken somewhere.
- Buying a haddock from him (you can haggle the price down by offering him one rhinu for a haddock and increasing your offer by one rhinu each time... you may still find the price high, though).
- Waiting, as he will eventually get bored and go away.