This page contains spoilers
After being lit and hurled (or thrown at someone) it explodes causing minor damage and it fills the room with a billowing cloud of smoke that lowers the perception of everybody in the room (including the thrower), making it harder to spot people doing covert things like hiding, backstabbing, ambushing and inhuming and preventing the use of the watch command.
- The smoke causes anyone entering the room to suffer the same effects while it remains, which is longer when the poison maker has more skill.
- Discworld object help: gasbomb (includes the information on smoke bomb)
- Similar to gas bomb
* create a hollow ball in a pottery room (hollow ball)
* put the bat guano and Black Benedict's Batsup in the Nitrolator in the Alchemist's guild and light the fuse on the nitrolator (nitrate powder)
* add (loose) sugar to nitrate powder (powdery white substance)
* add yellow powder (sulphur) to powdery white substance (powdery grey substance)
* heat powdery grey substance (thick grey liquid)
* (if you want to create a gas bomb then add a poison to the thick grey liquid at this time)
* fill the hollow ball with the thick grey liquid
* insert a fuse in the hollow ball leaving <number> inches out
* seal ball (smoke bomb)